UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest News On Windows 10 Kb4556799 Update Problems    

FrankRuperto
post May 25 2020, 08:32 PM
Post#1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/20...e/#206bbfd5aff8

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.
Go to the top of the page

zocker
post May 26 2020, 05:33 AM
Post#2

Utterly Eccentric and Moderator

That's the worst site I have ever seen for ads warnings junk messages and all sorts of other impedimenta that I don't know the names of: the site is scarcely readable. The aspect of it makes me wonder if it's believable or some fake news scam.
But thanks for drawing attention to the update

Z

--------------------
I think they're for 1 am. Rene Descartes' Mum

shadow
post May 26 2020, 09:37 AM
Post#3

From the article:

Microsoft warns that the update impacts Windows 10 computers with 4G LTE modems and after installing it “reaching the internet might not be possible.”

... Microsoft states it is “working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release”, but no time frame for a fix has been given.

I am really curious how they plan to roll out the resolution if people's internet connections are down because of the update. Floppy disk?

Gustav
post May 26 2020, 12:50 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

I am really curious how they plan to roll out the resolution if people's internet connections are down because of the update. Floppy disk?

Strange question. USB disks have been around for decades, as have alternative connections like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, even cable.

--------------------
Microsoft Office 365 (Access) MVP 2017 ->

FrankRuperto
post May 26 2020, 01:14 PM
Post#5

Zocker,

There's nothing wrong or fake with the Forbes magazine site, and the Windows Update problem is real. Forbes enjoys a very credible reputation. Whether you want to realize there's a very serious ongoing problem with Windows and Office updates is up to you.

Gustav & Shadow,

Nevermind the internet connection, this update has wrecked millions of PC's to the point that many users have had to boot the repair utility and restore from backups...
This post has been edited by FrankRuperto: May 26 2020, 01:16 PM

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.

shadow
post May 26 2020, 01:26 PM
Post#6

Strange question. USB disks have been around for decades, as have alternative connections like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, even cable.

Don't mind me, I was being sarcastic smile.gif

FrankRuperto
post May 28 2020, 09:07 PM
Post#7

05/26 Update: KB4556799 continues to cause chaos, but action is being taken by PC makers to try and mitigate it. First up is HP, which has released patch for BSOD and boot loop issues on its PCs caused by KB4556799. Called 'HP Software Component 4.1.4.3079', it has been pushed to Windows 10 Update and affected users should install it as soon as possible. Microsoft has already confirmed it is "investigating" the problems caused by KB4556799 and I would expect more patches from both Microsoft and PC manufacturers to arrive soon. In the meantime, stay away from this update.

05/27 Update: Windows Latest has published further information about the problems caused by KB4556799. Additional issues include File Explorer crashes, (causing the entire explorer.exe process to lock), kicking users out of their Windows 10 user profiles and requiring the creation of a temporary user profile to get it back, and a black screen of death rather than the more typical blue. At this stage it remains unclear just many users are affected, but there is significant activity on social media and popular forums like Reddit. If you find KB4556799 is installed on your system and you are lucky enough to have no problems, there's no need to remove it. That said, I would recommend those who have yet to receive it do proactively block it.
This post has been edited by FrankRuperto: May 28 2020, 09:09 PM

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    6th July 2020 - 12:35 AM