UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Outlook In Office 365, Any Version    

dflak
post Oct 8 2015, 03:50 PM
Post#1

Utter Access VIP

I have a server that manages my domain. Both incoming and outgoing mail is managed by this server and it is working very well.

Currently I am using Outlook 2003 (yes I know!) using POP / SMTP and PST files.

I am considering renting Office 365. I have two questions concerning the Outlook part:

1. Can I configure it to work with my current server using the same settings? I don't need to sync up with "the cloud."

2. I've heard that the PST files aren't compatible and that I would have to do an export / import type deal. This isn't as important. I have a limited number of contacts and I am confident I can export / import them. The amount of email I keep is limited. I could probably make a project of it and copy and paste the information into Word or some other text format.

Does anyone have experience with Office 365 and can you give me any directions, pointers or links to set up email under it?
Go to the top of the page

ADezii
post Oct 18 2015, 12:36 PM
Post#2

1. I use Office 365 but not Outlook as my Default E-Mail Client. I did a little research for you and it appears that:
    1. The long standing Outlook Data File (*.PST) is still supported.
    2. No synching with the Cloud appears to be required, it is handled automatically.
    3. I am Uploading a portion of an Outlook Help File for setting up an E-Mail Account in Outlook, applicable to Office 365 installs.
    4. Sorry that I could not be more helpful, but hopefully the Upload will be of some value to you.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Configure_Outlook_in_Office_365.doc ( 138K )Number of downloads: 6

dflak
post Oct 19 2015, 08:08 AM
Post#3

Utter Access VIP

Thanks for the reply. I'm fairly confident I can get it to work. At any rate Outlook 2003 isn't going to work with Windows 10. I think I'll set up a shadow Thunderbird account (my wife uses it on her machine - Win 8.1) just in case. My preference is to use Outlook because it has superior filtering.

Oliviawill98
post Jul 10 2019, 12:14 AM
Post#4

Outlook to 365 converters is a brief computerized solution which helps the movement of more than one PST files to office 365 in bulk at a time which include the switch of attachments, emails, calendar, and contacts. there is No file size limitations and has many clear out alternatives to import the needed PST file most effective if you aren't positive about this device so that you can use its free demo model which permits the User to save 10 emails/folder at free of value.

For more info visit: https://www.toolsground.com/outlook-to-office-365-migration/

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th August 2019 - 05:46 PM