UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Requested Type Library.....not A VBA Project., Access 2013    

tbs
post Jan 10 2019, 12:47 PM
Post#1

Hello.

This is the first I've experienced. Background: I have a back end file on the shared network drive. I have about 15 end users using the Front End file in accde.

Last week, one of my users had her laptop wiped out and reinstalled by our IT person. Now she is getting the message that says:

"The expression On Open you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Requested type library or wizard is not a VBA project."

I can't figure out why it is doing this. I looked around but had no luck. I even had another laptop to see what kind of difference there may be in settings. I've noticed two things that differed between her "newly installed" laptop and the others:

1. On all other computers, you can see the front end file named with an extension .accde. For example, Ourdatabase.accde. On her laptop, it only shows Ourdatabase (without the .accde).

2. Looking inside the VBA, I click on Tools/Macros. The Macro In dropdown list has utility (UTILITY). I use the drop down list to select the other one (that is showing on the other computers) but when I do that, I get an error that says "Requested type library or wizard is not a VBA project." This leads me to believe this is the cause but I'm unsure how to address this.

I hope this is an easy fix. The IT person doesn't know why and they do not support anything to do with Access.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jan 10 2019, 12:54 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

When exactly is she getting the error? As soon as she opens the db or after she does something in it? Are you using a Navigation Form? Just curious...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

tbs
post Jan 10 2019, 12:55 PM
Post#3

Additional comment: I noticed on MS office site:

MS Office Site

it was suggested that a MS Office Repair is needed after attempting to:

•Compact and Repair
•Decompile and then Recompile
•Creating a new db and copying over all the objects from your problematic db

I've done all three and like I said, the other computers do not have that problem.

So...before I ask my IT person to do a MS Office Repair, is there anything I should tell him so he'll understand what I need to do? Would opening a ticket to "please do a MS Office Repair" be the language my IT person should understand or is there a better way to make this request?

isladogs
post Jan 10 2019, 01:04 PM
Post#4

An Office repair would possibly help as it sounds like one or more of the library files used by your ACCDE file is missing.
That could be a problem if it uses a version specific reference such as Excel or Outlook.

As for the missing file extension, that's just a setting in Windows Explorer. Untick the checkbox I've highlighted below
Attached File  Capture.PNG ( 19.7K )Number of downloads: 0

Also if it's an ACCDE, you can't view the VBA code so I don't understand your comment.
Older MDB files used to have a Utility.MDA file but that's not relevant in ACCDB/ACCDE
This post has been edited by isladogs: Jan 10 2019, 01:08 PM

--------------------

tbs
post Jan 10 2019, 01:04 PM
Post#5

DBguy -

As soon as she opens the accde file.

It's not the Navigation form, but a regular form (frmWelcome) that opens on AutoExec.

tbs
post Jan 10 2019, 01:07 PM
Post#6

Colin - thanks. Good to learn that the missing file extension does not have anything to do with it.

I will try asking for the MS Office Repair. Will keep you posted.

tbs
post Jan 10 2019, 01:12 PM
Post#7

I looked around and found this link.

It appears I can do this without having to open a IT ticket. It is configuring as I type this. Crossing fingers.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 10 2019, 01:13 PM
Post#8

UA Admin

Re: hidden extensions.

Look here.

Attached File  hideextension.jpg ( 83.55K )Number of downloads: 0

And, I see Colin added this already in an edit.
This post has been edited by GroverParkGeorge: Jan 10 2019, 01:14 PM

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

isladogs
post Jan 10 2019, 01:25 PM
Post#9

The screenshot was done originally.
The edit in my post was the text after the screenshot which was done about the time the OP replied so he/she may have missed that part.

--------------------

tbs
post Jan 10 2019, 02:35 PM
Post#10

Apparently something's wrong with the repair so I'm going to open a ticket. I'll keep you posted.

tbs
post Jan 11 2019, 08:27 AM
Post#11

Well well well....after the MS Repair Tool completed the repair, I am able to open the .accde file without any issues.

Thanks for being the sounding board and contributing to this topic.

I hope this will help others who are having the same issue I had.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd January 2019 - 09:32 AM