UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit    

Larry Larsen
post Jul 16 2003, 06:04 PM
Post#1

UA Editor + Utterly Certified

One for our new and well deserved "Administrator" indygo, the system "AVG" found this to day and I'm having a problem in locating and removing the little beast.
AVG is telling me it's in a dir that I can't find???
Help
Small pic attached.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Rabbit.jpg ( 69.78K )Number of downloads: 25

Go to the top of the page

germargo
post Jul 16 2003, 06:35 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Your picture showing path to "Temporary Internet files folder" directory (cached).
Looks like it is issue in AVG software - treat executable files as viruses.
Your picture show my file as a virus...

Larry Larsen
post Jul 16 2003, 06:45 PM
Post#3

Hi germargo
Which file of yours?
Why can't I find it when I search for "238054~1.zip or PCS.exe?

germargo
post Jul 16 2003, 07:04 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

Because this directory and files not exist - as I mention - it is "Temporary Internet files folder", which cleared itself, rewrites old "cached" files.
bout "my" file - read this conversation and you understand.

dana
post Jul 17 2003, 12:10 AM
Post#5

UA Admin + Auntie Virus

Germargo's given you all the information you need, but I just wanted to clarify that the file in question was not a virus or any type of malware. Just a joke program. Some antivirus programs detect joke programs (like the one that makes your screen appear to shake), but they don't contain any malicious code that could damage your system. Your system is safe.

Larry Larsen
post Jul 17 2003, 06:07 AM
Post#6

Hi indygo
Thanks again for clarify to me and probably many others that downloaded the attachment are "safe"

dana
post Jul 17 2003, 06:35 PM
Post#7

UA Admin + Auntie Virus

Yes, definitely safe. Some joke programs are poorly coded and can cause problems with a system just because of that, but that's actually somewhat rare.
ost antivirus vendors that include detection of such programs do it simply because when programs like that are installed on someone's computer "on the sly," the user thinks it is a virus because of the way it behaves. Like the one that makes your screen shake, or the one that makes your monitor display everything upside down. If a person is sitting at his computer and suddenly sees this happen, his first thought usually is that he has a virus.
Antivirus vendors include detection for these only because they are perceived as harmful by customers, in fear that customers will be angry thinking their computer has been infected with something that the A/V software didn't pick up. The A/V vendors would rather detect these programs than to have people believe that their product isn't good. That's all.
That was probably more than anybody wanted to know about joke programs, but suffice it to say...the file germargo posted was 100% perfectly safe.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    7th December 2019 - 06:56 PM