UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Patch Tuesday's Update(s) Corrupted My Databases, Access 2016    

baffled100
post Nov 13 2019, 01:52 PM
Post#1

Hi,

I've confirmed that at least one update in yesterday's batch of updates is causing queries in my Access databases to be corrupt. It has affected all my Access updates, not just one and it definitely was an update that caused the issue. I have not found any other posts about this, which is very odd. I first uninstalled just the updates that were for Access specifically and that didn't fix the issue. There were so many other updates, that it seemed to make sense to just do a system restore to the point before the updates were installed which I did on my system, and for reason, it messed up my system and now I'm stuck doing a reset. I painfully went through the process of uninstalling all the Updates to Office 2016 individually on another system and the Updates to Access, but the problem still exists. I have not actually manually uninstalled ALL the updates installed overnight yet.

I did try a Compact and Repair on the Access databases to see if that would fix the corrupted queries, but it didn't.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? I hesitate to do another system restore on other systems and uninstalling all the updates manually on 10 other systems is not something I have time to do.

Is there anyway I can find out which update caused the issue?

Thanks for any help I can get!!
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Nov 13 2019, 01:59 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. Check out this website for starters.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

baffled100
post Nov 13 2019, 02:36 PM
Post#3

Thanks, DBGuy! Finally one of my web searches turned up the culprit--KB4484113 Office Security update.

https://borncity.com/win/2019/11/13/office-...ess-error-3340/

Once I uninstalled that update, all was good again!

theDBguy
post Nov 13 2019, 02:53 PM
Post#4

UA Moderator

Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Cheers!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2019 - 04:25 PM