UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holiday Planner Demo, Access 2003    

masa1
post Jan 14 2019, 02:23 PM
Post#61

Hi Peter,
I think, keeping all respect that Microsoft is sick.

I just launched the same file without De Compilation in the last version on the virtualna machine - ONLY on Windows 7 , Office 2007 - and everything is OK!

Again I found a problem that no one knows about.

I changed "vDayNo = ..." but I did not notice the difference.

Best regards.
Andy.

I made De-compile;

"C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Office \ Office14 \ MSACCESS.EXE" "C: \ Users \ as \ Desktop \ PrinterSelect \ V3aPH \ Holiday Planner V3a.mdb" / decompile

I made a compact and repair, then Debug and then SAME ...!

Peter, I'M SORRY I do not blame you, but Microsoft wants to finish me off.
This post has been edited by masa1: Jan 14 2019, 02:43 PM
Go to the top of the page

mrcunknown
post Yesterday, 02:42 AM
Post#62

Thnx Peter ... i will give it a go :-)

Peter Hibbs
post Yesterday, 06:35 AM
Post#63

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Andy,

Regarding the colors for the pop-up form which don't quite match the main chart you can fix this by adding the the code below to the Open event of the frmStaffingSub form like this :-

CODE
Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)

Dim rst As Recordset

Me.Painting = False
    Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM tblHolidayTypes ORDER BY HolidayType")     'select all records from tblHolidayTypes
    Do Until rst.EOF
        Me.LineColor.FormatConditions(rst!HolidayType - 1).BackColor = rst!LineColor            'and change BackColor of CF condition
        Me.LineColor.FormatConditions(rst!HolidayType - 1).ForeColor = rst!LineColor            'and change ForeColor of CF condition
        rst.MoveNext
    Loop
    rst.Close
    Set rst = Nothing
    Me.Painting = True

End Sub

What this does is it copies the color codes from the tblHolidayTypes table into the formatting codes of the LineColor control on the form so that the colors on the pop-up form (using Conditional Formatting) will always match the colors on the chart (if you should ever change them at a later date).

Regarding the mod' to the code for the vDayNo variable, you probably won't notice the difference but what happened with the original code was that if you clicked on the left hand edge of the weekday name labels it would use the previous date rather than the date you clicked on and this is because the calculation used the 'normal' divide function which returns a bunch of decimal points and so messed up the values slightly.

HTH.

Peter.

masa1
post Yesterday, 02:21 PM
Post#64

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the next portions of code and previous advice.

I have introduced all "updates".

Of course, Your updates are very good!
In reference to my previous problems, it was enough to "fix the MS Office package" and the errors resolved. dance.gif

I am sure I will need some help, but I have to work a little bit myself. cheers.gif
Best regards.
Andy.

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th January 2019 - 07:58 AM