UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> One Hour Difference In UA Timestamp    

FrankRuperto
post Nov 4 2018, 08:17 AM
Post#1

I just posted a reply and noticed the timestamp on the reply is one hour ahead of local time. I am in the State of Florida, USA (eastern standard time, GMT -5). Is UtterAccess' time zone the atlantic standadrd time, GMT -4, or do you have to manually change your server's time?

--------------------
Currently supporting many pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix and Oracle DB's.
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 4 2018, 08:26 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Good questions. We had a daylight savings time change today, so that may be a factor as well.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

RJD
post Nov 4 2018, 04:30 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Frank: Go to the UA My Control Panel in your account. Choose Board Settings (under Options). Un-check the DST box. Click on Change My Account Settings.

I did that this morning to adjust the time.

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

FrankRuperto
post Nov 4 2018, 05:11 PM
Post#4

Hi Joe,

Right after George replied to my post, the timestamp on my reply was no longer one hour ahead, (without me unchecking the DST box), so I am assuming that George, or another admin, changed the server's time back one hour? I just visited the settings you suggested, and the DST box was checked, so I unchecked it. I would think it would be easier for the UA server to automatically adjust DST on and off, unless the UA frontend client is not obtaining the servers time, and then readjusting the displayed time according to the time zone the users select in their control panel? The attached image of UA's DST settings also seems a bit confusing.

--------------------
Currently supporting many pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix and Oracle DB's.

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 4 2018, 05:27 PM
Post#5

UA Admin

I changed nothing. Perhaps it was, as I suggested, timing.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th August 2019 - 10:37 AM