UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Office 365 Access Runtime Available    

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 14 2019, 08:55 AM
Post#1

UA Admin

Thanks to VIP Member Adz, adaytay, for pointing out that Microsoft has released the newest Access runtime for Office 365 Access.

The Access runtime is free. You can use it to deploy your accdb to users who do not have a licensed copy of Access on their computer.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server
Go to the top of the page

BruceM
post Jan 17 2019, 10:35 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Since the link explains that Office 365, except for Office 365 Enterprise E1 and Office 365 Business Essentials, includes the "desktop" (runtime, I suppose) version of Access, I am not quite clear about the need for the runtime version of Access 365 except for those exceptions, unless it is to have standalone Access runtime to go with Office versions pre-Office 2010, in environments where Access applications were developed for Office 2010 and later and are not compatible with earlier versions.

In my limited experience, Access runtime works well in Office 365, but I have found that some code from older Access versions may need to be tweaked for compatibility.

DanielPineault
post Feb 7 2019, 02:29 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Please note that the Office 365 Runtime should NOT be used with Office 2019, it is only meant to run with Office 365.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2018 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd February 2019 - 09:37 AM