UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Has Spybot been hacked ?    

achigan
post Dec 2 2005, 01:47 PM
Post#1

Hi,
On my last post, I mentioned the fact that Microsoft anti-spyware was sometimes asking me to allow www.syserrors.com in my trusted zone (I always blocked it). This site looks like a perfectly legitimate Microsoft site. The problem is that it makes you believe it has information on your system (IP, service provider, etc.), wich in my case were false, and urge you to download some anti-spyware programs from the links given at the bottom of the page.
Owasn’t sure at first, but now I’m positive : www.syserrors.com wants to be added in my trusted zone each time I update my free version of Spybot S&D (and SpySweeper always finds the same spy-cookie after the updates have been downloaded: xiti spy-cookie) . Has the free version of Spybot been hacked ? Is it safe to have it running on your machine ? Do you know of any problems with Spybot ?
Pat.
Go to the top of the page

xteam
post Dec 2 2005, 02:52 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I use Spybot on several computers from Win98 to Win Xp professional - and also MS anti-spyware beta - never been asked to accept syserrors.com in my trusted zone.

freakazeud
post Dec 2 2005, 03:06 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Just a couple of questions.
Have you updated all applications to the latest files? Have you used other anti spyware products like ad-aware...(look in security FAQ forum for links to many more!). Have you started pc in safe mode and run them all again? Have you deleted all temp files/cleared cash/interent files...? Did you look in the add/remove programs list just for the heck of it to see if any program has been installed which you didn't approve?
HTH
Good luck

DougY
post Dec 2 2005, 03:29 PM
Post#4

Utterly Abby-Normal

AFAIK, Spybot is solid...
<
o legit vendor does that...you may have something lurking in your PC...

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th January 2020 - 03:00 PM