UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Generating Pdf Files, Any Version    

as2solutions
post Jul 18 2019, 01:41 PM
Post#1

I'm using a macro (ExportWithFormatting) to generate a pdf from an existing report. I am currently leaving the "Output File" empty so that the user is prompted to key in the output location and file name.

What I am hoping to accomplish is to feed the output location and file name for the PDF from a table, which contains both the output location and file name, therefore removing the manual step of prompting the user.

Any ideas??
Go to the top of the page

MadPiet
post Jul 18 2019, 01:42 PM
Post#2

use VBA and a loop to pass the parameter/filter values to the report, then output

theDBguy
post Jul 18 2019, 01:54 PM
Post#3

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

If you want to keep using a macro, you could try using the SearchForRecord action and store the information in a LocalVar.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

as2solutions
post Jul 18 2019, 02:00 PM
Post#4

Do either of you have any example db's. I am not advanced enough in my programming abilities.

theDBguy
post Jul 18 2019, 02:06 PM
Post#5

Hi. It might be simpler if you could post a sample db we could modify for you. This way, whatever we do, we can be somewhat certain will apply to your specific situation, and you won't have to "interpret" what we did, trying to apply it to your own db.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

as2solutions
post Jul 18 2019, 06:00 PM
Post#6

Thanks everyone! I poked around and found some code that works great. All I had to do was tweak it a little bit.

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptSales_Detailedit_Offlinewithout_AutoPDF", _
acFormatPDF, "C:\PDFS\" & [filename] & " - " & [filenumber] & ".pdf"

MadPiet
post Jul 18 2019, 06:22 PM
Post#7

I thought instead of this:

What I am hoping to accomplish is to feed the output location and file name for the PDF from a table, which contains both the output location and file name, therefore removing the manual step of prompting the user.

you were going to loop through a table to get the filter values "[FieldName]='" & rs.Fields("MyFieldName") & "'"

Guess not, though. If you have to do that, let us know. It's pretty simple if you know how to play with recordsets.
This post has been edited by MadPiet: Jul 18 2019, 06:22 PM

theDBguy
post Jul 18 2019, 10:25 PM
Post#8

Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th September 2019 - 07:38 AM