UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Error Migrating Awa To Sqlazure Using A Dacpac, Access 2013 Web App    

tinylois
post Jan 23 2018, 09:59 AM
Post#1

1. Obtained a sqlAzure subscription.

2. Created a blank databsase on Server
Server: SVDP1
login: adminSVDP
Password: xxxxx

dBname: test1

3. Set firewall for my computer.

4. Location: East US

5. Saved AWA app as snapshot.

6. Extracted dacpac and renamed if "test1.dacpac"

7. Logged onto SSMS using the credentials in 2.

At this point I was able to see the empty dB "test1",

8. Right clicked on "Databases" and selected Deploy Data-tier Application.

9. At this point an error occurred which said the dB "test1" was already in the dB. I changed the dacpac to "test.dacpac" and the error went away.

10. I then selected Next and a window appeared with the deployment Settings. The "Application Name: appname" showed not the name "test" from the test.dacpac but "appname". However it had the correct "test.dacpac" as the file to be deployed,

11. Selected Finish and after a while an error window popped Up"

Could not deploy package (Microsoft Server Dac)
Unable to connect to master or target server "test". You must have a user with the same password in master or target server "test". (Microsoft Data Tools Schema SQL)

I am logged into the sqlAzure account with the same name and password as I use to connect with SSMS. I can see the blank database test n SSMS. I do not understand the error message. If someone can figure it out I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 23 2018, 10:42 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Having done this, and blogged about it, I'm wondering if the problem is the credentials you are using.

Make sure that you are trying to connect to the new SQL Azure instance with the new credentials for it.

tinylois
post Jan 23 2018, 12:01 PM
Post#3

line 2. above shows the server and login values that I am using on sqlazure. These are the same values that I connected with the database in SSMS. I see the server and blank database in SSMS before I start the migration.

I used your blog to do this. Since I know I am connected in SSMS to the same server which I am trying to migrate the database to I do not understand the part of the error message which states "You must have a user with the same password in master or target server 'test' ". The master or target server is not named 'test' . Test is the name of the databsse which I trying to migrate to.
Thanks

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 23 2018, 12:08 PM
Post#4

UA Admin

" SVDP1" is not the full name of a SQL Azure Server, is it?

It should be something like "SVDP1.database.windows.net". Is that what yours is?

tinylois
post Jan 23 2018, 12:50 PM
Post#5

yes. what you wrote is the full the server name

I am using the same SQL azure server login and password. Note: I am not using the Azure Portal Credentials. I can see where I am connected to in the SSMS and it is correct to the correct SQL Azure server.
Thanks

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 23 2018, 12:53 PM
Post#6

UA Admin

Hm.

So in SSMS you can connect to the Azure server and see the placeholder database.

But when you try to upload the bacpac, you the error says the credentials are not correct.

It's been along time since I did that and I'm not sure if I maybe forgot a detail.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 23 2018, 06:28 PM
Post#7

UA Admin

Let's review, because it's hard to guess what might be going on from afar.

You have an Azure account and you have set up a SQL Server instance in that account.

You can connect to that SQL Server instance with SSMS.

You can create a new database with SSMS on that SQL Server instance on Azure.

You CANNOT use the bacpac to create a new, different, database on that SQL Server instance because you get an error that you don't have credentials.

That leads me to wonder if there is something about the way you are trying to connect to upload the bacpac that's not expected.

tinylois
post Jan 23 2018, 08:48 PM
Post#8

Starting with this line:
You have an Azure account and you have set up a SQL Server instance in that account.
Not sure what you mean by this statement. I have an Azure account and I used SSMS to connect to that Azure server on that account.

I then went to my AWA app and created a snapshot of that account. extracted the dacpac (note not bacpac) and renamed it. This is the dacpac I am trying to migrate to the Azure server account at which time I get the Error message.

I do not understand this
"That leads me to wonder if there is something about the way you are trying to connect to upload the bacpac that's not expected."
I am connected to the server on the Azure account via SSMS otherwise I would not be able to see the server and blank database I created.

tinylois
post Jan 24 2018, 07:21 AM
Post#9

One point which I neglected to mention is that even though it errors out it does create a new blank database with the dacpac name. If lI refresh SSMS the named database appears on the Azure server.
Thanks
Tony

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 24 2018, 09:34 AM
Post#10

UA Admin

Okay. That does make sense, and yes, it's a dacpac, not a bacpac, although the difference does seem subtle, one letter, it's significant in how they work.

I know this does work, but honestly, I'm struggling a bit to remember those subtleties.

tinylois
post Jan 24 2018, 03:12 PM
Post#11

I found the error; it was a semicolon in the password. Hence it was my error which caused the problem and not the method outlined by GPG. I would like to thank GPG for producing the blog which outlines this method and for the time and effort he put in this post. When it is done correctly it is surprisingly quick and easy.
Thank you

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 24 2018, 06:29 PM
Post#12

UA Admin

Congratulations on solving the mystery. Continued success with the project.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st November 2019 - 04:17 AM