UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pdf To Text Converter, Access 2016    

InOverMyHead
post Jun 25 2019, 07:08 PM
Post#1

Hi

I need to convert PDF files to text. I found this utility http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/

I am asking for any known comments re its suitability or other utilities that do the same thing?

Thanks in advance
John
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jun 25 2019, 09:19 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi John. Not familiar with that one, but I have looked into PDFtk before.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

nmualum
post Yesterday, 11:58 AM
Post#3

About 10 years ago I convinced my boss to pay $50 for pdf2text converter license. Was able to combine it with vb6 code to convert reports that were generated by Crystal Reports (maybe closer to 15 years I susppose) and sent to our company as pdfs. We wanted them in Excel, and the company that was generating them wanted $6k to convert it. 16 hours @ $150 for 'Design', 8 hours @ $150 to 'program', and 16 hours @ $150 to test and deploy.

I knew it was a matter of flipping a switch for how the output was generated... so instead I created an automated process to take their pdf, convert to text, reformat to Excel, and email it out to our users...

The limitations of any of this software is that the pdf has to be created programmatically, or by a report generator. It will not work with pdf's created by a scanner. That would require OCR software functionality.

Steve

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd July 2019 - 08:43 AM