UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Attendance By Date, Any Version    

CadetITGuy
post Aug 19 2019, 08:14 PM
Post#1

I have to make an attendance report based on dates. It need to be by date (oldest to newest). Attached are the required report and a copy of my query
Attached File(s)
Attached File  query.JPG ( 23.01K )Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  report.JPG ( 67.29K )Number of downloads: 4

Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Aug 19 2019, 08:25 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. I think if you modify your query to look like your report, then you're all set.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

RJD
post Aug 19 2019, 09:14 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: This is a start on a solution for a query to feed your report.

SELECT StartDate, Sum(IIf(Attendance = "P" And [censored] = "M",1,0)) As PM, Sum(IIf(Attendance = "P" And [censored] = "F",1,0)) As PF, ... , Count(StartDate) As CorpsStrength, Sum(IIf(Attendance="P",1,0))/Count(StartDate) As Present, ... FROM qryAttendance GROUP BY StartDate ORDER By StartDate;

(The censor entered Censored where your word for gender appeared)

You can complete the other fields for attendance counts and percentages, and clean up any other issues for testing. The percentages will actually be produced as proportions, but you can format the control in the report. See if you can make this work for you.

HTH
Joe

Note: If you grabbed this right away, I just made some corrections to the SQL (9:17)... so check it again ...

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th September 2019 - 04:55 PM