UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which Country Produces The Best Coders?    

kippyboss
post Oct 31 2018, 05:30 PM
Post#1

Okay not to start something political but love to know which country is "consistently" producing the best coders? I'm talking about quality here not quantity.

What determines quality? Well just look at the applications that we use in our daily lives. Majority for me is the US or Eastern European (Russia, Poland, Romania, etc) countries but that's pretty much it.

I think the reason for that is in North America, decent coders can earn a better salary vs minimum wage and in Eastern Europe, it's just raw talent (Statcounter, Pandadoc, Taxify etc).

So it's talent and the 'environment' that seems to produce the best coders so far.

Plus when you combine talent with the right environment , you get guys like the Founder of Shopify.

Again Eastern European person, growing up in North America (Canada).

Are there other countries or regions that we should be on the look out for?

Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 31 2018, 05:35 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

Good coders come from all over the world, do they not? As do bad ones?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

kippyboss
post Oct 31 2018, 05:56 PM
Post#3

@GroverParkGeorge - Thx for your reply Grover!

Of course but I mean "majority" of the good ones.

Is that trend changing?

Are there other coder 'hot spots' around the world that may be on the rise?

WildBird
post Oct 31 2018, 10:24 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

I cant see how you can get anything meaningful from this.

Define quality?

A lot of code might be managed in one place, and ouutsourced and written elsewhere.

Many people work overseas, so do you count their code as being their country of passport, or where they are working?

You are asking a question with no defined inputs or outputs on a programming forum :-)

--------------------
Beer, natures brain defragging tool.

DanielPineault
post Nov 1 2018, 01:52 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

What constitutes a good coder? Who gets to decided? What language(s) are we reviewing.

I don't think you'll ever be able to get a proper answer to this one. Too many variables, too subjective!

A few years old, but according to https://fossbytes.com/which-country-has-bes...ussia-india-us/ it would be China. Not that I believe these types of articles.

Let me ask you: Who make the best Pizza? Same thing here.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2018 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

Masonryan
post Jan 31 2019, 04:44 AM
Post#6

I have read an article recently and it said that Ukraine is a huge pool of human resources in the sphere of engineering and lots of companies start to open customer support offices there. As much as see, here in NY, we have lots of smart guys from Eastern Europe, so it sounds as the truth.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 31 2019, 12:53 PM
Post#7

UA Admin

As others have stated, this is a fairly useless discussion because it totally lacks objectivity.

Why are you two pushing the topic?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

tina t
post Jan 31 2019, 01:02 PM
Post#8

i'm wondering why you're asking the question. who cares about the answer, even if it could be objectively quantified? here at UA, everybody is one color, one nationality, one religion - that one is "nobody cares". what we do care about is using Access to its' full potential to work for people, and helping each other to reach that goal. tina

--------------------
"the wheel never stops turning"

PhilS
post Jan 31 2019, 01:28 PM
Post#9

What exactly is a coder?
To be honest, I've got a very rough idea at best. - This term is open to interpretation and adds to the vast vainness of the discussion others pointed out already.

--------------------

River59
post Jan 31 2019, 01:42 PM
Post#10

You certainly couldn't put me on that list ... I always tell people that I couldn't code my way out of a paper bag. Yet somehow I have managed to build some pretty complex applications that may calculate hundreds of millions of dollars in journal entries.
It's not just knowing how to code, it's knowing when and where to code it.

I depend on the talent here to get me over the bumps ... and I certainly appreciate everyone's willingness to do just that.

So hats off to anyone who codes, wherever they be from ... hat_tip.gif

--------------------
Remember ... Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins flew to the moon and back with a computer system less complex than a modern, programmable toaster ...

orange999
post Jan 31 2019, 02:08 PM
Post#11

This link to a TED talk is not about "coders", but it does address skills and jobs and perceptions in an interesting way.

--------------------
Good luck with your project!

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd February 2019 - 09:52 AM