UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Display Table From Sharepoint Enhanced-rich-text Column In An Access Report, Access 2013    

snekker
post Feb 1 2019, 10:32 AM
Post#1

Access is the best way I know of to generate attractive reports from SharePoint data, but formatting from enhanced-rich-text columns always seems to get messed up. Does anyone know how to ensure tables in a SharePoint field are displayed as tables in a linked Access report? The html from the SharePoint field isn't read properly by the Access rich-text field, to the table in the report is just text with no spaces between anything.
Go to the top of the page

snekker
post Feb 1 2019, 12:32 PM
Post#2

Here's an ugly solution that at least gets me a pipe-delimited table with new rows on new lines:
CODE
Trim(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace(Replace([Narrative],"<br/>",Chr(13) & Chr(10)),"</tr>", "</tr>" & Chr(13) & Chr(10)),"<td","|" & "<td"),"</td>","</td>" & "|"),"||","|"),"</td>|</tr>","<br/>"))

GroverParkGeorge
post Feb 1 2019, 01:03 PM
Post#3

UA Admin

I seldom look at SharePoint lists in recent years, so maybe some orientation will help.

Tell us about how this is set up, please.

Did you link to the SharePoint list as a linked table in Access?

Does this field appear a Long Text in Access, with Rich Text set for the Text Format property, and also as Rich Text in the control on the report?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

snekker
post Feb 1 2019, 01:17 PM
Post#4

The SharePoint list is linked to from Access, and then the Access report control Text Format property is set to Rich Text. SharePoint multiple-lines text columns can be formatted as Plain Text, Rich Text, and Enhanced Rich Text. The latter uses HTML and allows stuff like tables and pictures, but the HTML isn't normally rendered properly in an Access report.

GroverParkGeorge
post Feb 2 2019, 01:04 PM
Post#5

UA Admin

" SharePoint multiple-lines text columns can be formatted as Plain Text, Rich Text, and Enhanced Rich Text. "

And this one of concern here is which type?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

snekker
post Aug 23 2019, 07:33 AM
Post#6

The only one that will allow tables is Enhanced Rich Text.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th October 2019 - 10:49 PM