UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Second Page Has #errors For The Rows., Access 2016    

Leah
post Aug 27 2019, 01:05 PM
Post#1

This is hard to explain and so far I have not been able to replicate it in testing.

I have an Access query that runs from a bat file that is kicked off by a scheduled task.

Some tables are updated and then a number of reports are run from it and later emailed from some blat bat files.

One report and one report only on the second page displays #Error for the dates and instead of continuing the list of rows from the first page just has one row with #error.

Then the last like with the grand total is perfectly fine.

If I open the Access file and run the report, it displays perfectly each and every time so I can't figure out what might be causing this.

Someone here said I should do all the table updates an hour earlier. Not sure how that would help as the tables seem to be updated or else why would the grand total be correct, or all the other reports off the same table be correct?

Has anyone ever experienced something like this and how did you handle it?

The reports need to run prior to business day as the reports are used at a meeting first thing Tuesday morning.

Thanks

Leah

--------------------
Leah A. Kopel
Go to the top of the page

ITguaranteed
post Sep 2 2019, 01:13 AM
Post#2

You said it had an error for the dates, but you also said it runs ok when you open Access.
Just a thought but are the dates in the report maybe in the where clause chosen from a form to start the query? Thus if the form isn't open the dates are not accessible to the query/report?

Leah
post Sep 2 2019, 09:53 AM
Post#3

Thanks there is no form. The report is based on a query that pulls from the table with no query parameters as the tables are updated with everything needed for the report,

This is a really strange one. It is almost as if it temporarily loses connection with the table and then gets it back again.

I added to the macro to run the report a second time which replaces the first time's pdf. Tomorrow I will know if that does not work, however even if it works tomorrow, it might not work the following week.

To be continued.

Leah

--------------------
Leah A. Kopel

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th October 2019 - 05:21 AM