UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Formula Using If Or Returning All Values, Office 2013    

halefamily104
post Apr 29 2020, 09:27 AM
Post#1

Good Morning UA!

I received fantastic help from UA with a formula using IF(AND. I have modified that formula to use in another spreadsheet but using OR instead of And. The reason I changed it to OR is because the search criteria has changed. Currently, using this formula:

=IF(or($C5="IN"), Summary!$D$11,""),IF(or($C5="ST"),Summary!$D$14,""),IF(or($C5="MA"),Summary!$D$17,"")))

Should return the appropriate value in the Summary sheet. The value is being returned but for all criteria, not just the one it matches. Currently as the formula stands, its giving me an error of "there is a problem with this formula" and is highlighting the Close parenthesis. I thought maybe I had too many close parenthesis or too few and changed them both. Still didn't work.

Tried this too:

=IF(ISERROR(or($C5="IN"),Summary!$E$11,IF(ISERROR(or($C5="ST"),Summary!$D$14,IF(ISERROR(or($C5="MA"),Summary!$D$17,""))))

So I want the value to be returned that matches the criteria, for example IF C5 is "IN" return the value in Summary D11, if not, return blank OR if C5 is "ST", return the value in Summary D14, if not return blank, etc.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated!

Thanks

Go to the top of the page

ADezii
post Apr 29 2020, 09:42 AM
Post#2

Wouldn't the following work, with each IF() condition being evaluated in sequence?
CODE
=IF($C5="IN",Summary!$D$11,IF($C5="ST",Summary!$D$14,IF($C5="MA",Summary!$D$17,"")))

vtd
post Apr 29 2020, 09:49 AM
Post#3

Retired Moderator

I think you need the NESTED IFs, NOT ORs Like:
CODE
=IF($C5="IN", Summary!$D$11, IF($C5="ST", Summary!$D$14, IF($C5="MA", Summary!$D$17,"")))

Check your logic since your process description is not logically consistent/sound, AFAICS.

halefamily104
post Apr 29 2020, 12:00 PM
Post#4

Thanks so much Adezii and vtd! I modified my formula and it works great! Thanks so much!!!!

hat_tip.gif uarulez2.gif

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    14th July 2020 - 03:58 AM