UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> User Defined Input Form, Access 2016    

LagoDavid
post Jul 13 2019, 06:41 PM
Post#21

look at the newest upload
the first upload did not include any data nor any data input form
Go to the top of the page

projecttoday
post Jul 13 2019, 08:23 PM
Post#22

UtterAccess VIP

I don't think my last post was entirely clear. So I'll try again.

Are the measurements which the user enters determined by the selection in the left-hand subform in the column called SamplePointID? And after that, the user has to go down the right-hand subform entering the appropriate measurments for that SamplePoint? The list of measurements varies depending on the SamplePoint. And this is where you want a change. You want the needed measurements to come up automatically once the samplepoint has been selected? Is this correct?

If it is then this is what I suggest: when the user makes a selection in SamplePointID, execute code that adds the records minus the actual measurements to the samples table which appears in the right-hand subform. Requery the right-hand subform and the new records appear. Of course, the actual measurements are missing. User then proceeds to input the measurements.

Your "template" then is a table containing the SamplePointID and its various measurements. This is used to add the new records.

--------------------
Robert Crouser

LagoDavid
post Jul 14 2019, 07:46 AM
Post#23

That is not exactly what I am hoping to do, but the concept may be applicable to getting to where I want to go.

Thank you for your help.

You may see another message in the future about writing this code, but I have a book I will refer to first.

Thank you again.

projecttoday
post Jul 14 2019, 07:50 AM
Post#24

UtterAccess VIP

You're welcome.

--------------------
Robert Crouser

ADezii
post Jul 14 2019, 11:21 AM
Post#25

what I cannot figure out how to do is create a data input form that is based on the template

I apologize since I am a little confused here, but look at the Revised DB and see if I am getting 'close'. It basically replaces lstTemplateDetails on frmServiceTemplatesList with a Pop-Up Form displaying the Template Details.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SampleDataCollectionDemo_Revised.zip ( 193.78K )Number of downloads: 3

LagoDavid
post Jul 14 2019, 06:49 PM
Post#26

I appreciate your effort, I really do, but it is not what I am trying to get to. what I want to pop up is a data input form with all those same template rows and columns AND with a blank spot to enter the test results that belong in each row (in a crosstab style form that looks like the default opening form in my demo. I will keep working with what Robert said and combined with your form, it will get me mostly there.

Thank you.

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st July 2019 - 12:26 PM