UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How To Determine How A Database Was Built And Linked, Any Version    

Thanhie
post Oct 19 2019, 02:32 PM
Post#1

Hello. I am new to this forum and I joined because I need major help with a project at work that uses Microsoft Access Database. I am in a new role and the person before me has already left the company and she built a database that i do not understand. I would like to know how she built it / linked it to different databases and ultimately connected all of them to an Excel spreadsheet. Can anyone please help me? Are there any Microsoft Access tutors in the Bay Area California (specifically San Jose)? If so, i would be more than happy to pay for tutoring services.

So the background behind this is that there are five different reports. A database was created for each report and somehow they are are linked. Then in Excel these five reports/databases are created into one final report / analysis. I tried to look at the relationship tables but don't see any (maybe i just dont know how to find it). I also don't see any queries (but then again i may just not know how to find it).

Please help!!

Thanks so much!!
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Oct 19 2019, 02:36 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. Welcome to UA! welcome2UA.gif

If you can get to the Linked Table Manager, do you see any tables there?

PS. I am in Southern California and would be happy to set up a remote session, if you're willing.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Thanhie
post Oct 19 2019, 02:46 PM
Post#3

Thanks so much for your prompt response. I don't see anything under the linked table manager.....please advise...

Thanhie
post Oct 19 2019, 02:47 PM
Post#4

Yes - i would be more than happy to get on a remote session. How do we go about doing that? What app do you use?

theDBguy
post Oct 19 2019, 02:56 PM
Post#5

Hi. I prefer TeamViewer but can also use Zoom. Can you please send me an email to work out the details? I might be available tomorrow.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

Thanhie
post Oct 19 2019, 03:02 PM
Post#6

Great - tomorrow would be perfect. I just sent you a message but forgot to include my email address and when i went back to try and send you another message - it wouldn't let me. Arghhhh. .....

theDBguy
post Oct 19 2019, 05:49 PM
Post#7

Hi. I received your email and will reply to it with details. Cheers!

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th November 2019 - 08:44 AM