UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Msgbox Fires Twice, Access 2013    

SemiAuto40
post Jun 19 2019, 12:29 PM
Post#1

I have a check of a record set and...... If the RS_Search.BOF And RS_Search.EOF Then -> open a message box and tell me about it. So..... the message box fires twice in a row each pausing for the OK to be clicked. When I use the debugger or place a stop at the end of the code block the message box only fires once!? The only thing I can figure is the delay of the breakpoint at the end causes the message box and code to behave properly. I have checked and the code block is not getting run through twice thereby throwing the message twice.

Any suggestions how to cause Access to do right, or why it is doing this? This is on a search form and will be used frequently... so I can't have users finding no match to get this freakin message twice in a row to click through.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jun 19 2019, 12:31 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. We can start by looking at the code in question. Can you post it please? Thanks.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

SemiAuto40
post Jun 19 2019, 01:27 PM
Post#3

The code is on a btn_Search_Click()... surely nothing normal behaving could simply have a breakpoint at the end of the code block in order for this misbehavior to be corrected. The breakpoint only paused the code - but what I just found to fix it - was to direct focus away from the btn_Search to a btn_ClearSearch. The focus seemed to be staying on the btn_Search and quickly after the msgbox was responded to - go back on to the btn_Search again.... which I guess Access interpreted as another button click of the btn_Search. Does this make sense?

theDBguy
post Jun 19 2019, 01:49 PM
Post#4

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Sadly, no, it doesn't make sense to me.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

ITguaranteed
post Jun 19 2019, 06:59 PM
Post#5

In this instance can I suggest using lots of debug.print statements instead of debug mode, like every other line and view the results through the intermediate window to see what happens at completion of the code.

But as theDBguy suggests above, please post your code.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th July 2019 - 04:26 PM