UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Add A New Blank Entry Form?, Access 2016    

Pianobee
post Dec 8 2019, 07:26 PM
Post#1

Hi I have my Database up and running but want to write a smaller database for my booking agent. I was told how to add a blank form to add anther customer but was years ago and I have forgotten the steps. How my present one works is link on my menu page leads to a blank form with all the fields setup on the main entry form. Each time I go to youtube about adding a blank data form I get answers telling me how to start a new form!
I have a feeling it is about copying the present form and changing the properties to show a show a form I can add new data to. Please only the steps and no code please ;-)
Thankyou
robin

--------------------
Many thanks,
Robin
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Dec 8 2019, 07:45 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi Robin. Have you tried using the Command Button Wizard? I think there's an option in it to open a form in "add" mode.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

projecttoday
post Dec 8 2019, 08:05 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

If you already have a docmd.openform statement you could change the DataMode parameter to acFormAdd.

If you don't have a docmd.openform statement at all and you don't plan to make one, you could set the Data Entry property of the form to Yes.

--------------------
Robert Crouser

missinglinq
post Dec 9 2019, 06:18 AM
Post#4

QUOTE (Pianobee)
...I was told how to add a blank form to add anther customer...Each time I go to youtube about adding a blank data form I get answers telling me how to start a new form...

You've been given good advice here...but Youtube, I'm sure, is answering your question accurately, as well...the problem is that you're asking the wrong question!

You don't want to 'add a blank form to add anther customer,' you want to add a new, blank Record to add another customer! A Form holds multiple Records!

Linq ;0)>

--------------------
BTW...The Monkey is laughing at me...not at any other poster!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Pianobee
post Dec 9 2019, 03:25 PM
Post#5

Thanks for that I'll try again on youtube ;-)

--------------------
Many thanks,
Robin

Pianobee
post Dec 9 2019, 03:27 PM
Post#6

The annoying thig is I have done this correctly many times....but years ago ;-( senior monents)

--------------------
Many thanks,
Robin

theDBguy
post Dec 9 2019, 03:29 PM
Post#7

UA Moderator

Hi Robin. Did you already try using the Wizard, and it didn't work?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Pianobee
post Dec 10 2019, 01:56 AM
Post#8

There is nothing I can see with wizard telling me how to generate a empty record with all the fields I am using. From my distant memory it involves copy,paste and change the properties. I,ll try YouTube again with the correct wording for what I call a form full of fields which according to the correct word policeman is called a record ;-)
Regards
Robin

--------------------
Many thanks,
Robin

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th January 2020 - 02:52 PM