UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sort Count Field From Query In Report, Access 2016    

projecttoday
post Oct 13 2019, 01:07 PM
Post#21

UtterAccess VIP

You say you can't sort on the count fields. Then you post the query with count fields. But the count fields in the query aren't on the report.

--------------------
Robert Crouser
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Oct 13 2019, 01:43 PM
Post#22

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. Looks like you already got a solution. I didn't look at Arnel's version but looking at yours, I see the following.

Here's your report:
Attached File  report.png ( 20.19K )Number of downloads: 1

And here's your query:
Attached File  query.png ( 33.78K )Number of downloads: 1

I just wanted to point out something you may already know. I highlighted Scott's record in the report where it shows he made four (4) calls. I also highlighted those four calls in the query. However, if you take a look back at your report, you're conveying Scott made four EMS calls when in reality, he made 1 EMS, 1 Fire, 1 MVA, and 1 Other calls.

Again, not sure if it's relevant, but just wanted to point it out. Cheers!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

brastedhouse
post Oct 13 2019, 03:14 PM
Post#23

Once again and as always, thank you to everyone who helped out here. I am working on the finishing touches to the report now. I have been exporting to Excel to sort the count for years because I could not find a way to do this. One less step. Yay!

Best, Scott

brastedhouse
post Oct 13 2019, 03:16 PM
Post#24

I saw that too, but when I ask the query to give me only say, EMS or Fire, it gives me the right number. Scott

theDBguy
post Oct 13 2019, 06:04 PM
Post#25

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

QUOTE (brastedhouse)
I saw that too, but when I ask the query to give me only say, EMS or Fire, it gives me the right number. Scott
Of course, you would be the only one what the "right number" is. If I look at your query and filter it for EMS only, then the count should be 1 for Scott (not 4). So, unless you're saying you wanted to filter the report to only one call type, then I hope you truly got what you're after. Good luck with your project.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th November 2019 - 11:48 PM