UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Translation Software, Not applicable    

Plem
post Jun 17 2019, 06:41 AM
Post#1

Hi, we have a need to translate documents that contain sensitive company information, so for this reason we require software that is stand alone and does not use the cloud or a translation service. Has anyone come across such software?
Many Thanks for any help
Go to the top of the page

nvogel
post Jun 17 2019, 07:48 AM
Post#2

I don't have direct experience of such software but it does exist, Microsoft Translator being one example. I expect you have done a search already, so maybe if you ask the software vendors they can refer you to customers who already use their products.

Presumably you will want a human translator to review and edit the text, especially if the content is sensitive, because software translation is usually no substitute for human translation. I'd suggest that the person responsible for the translation should have a say in what software is used, if any.

Plem
post Jun 18 2019, 03:34 AM
Post#3

Many thanks for your reply

DanielPineault
post Jun 18 2019, 07:06 AM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

Machine translation is no very good. You need humans to get proper translations. If you want just a rough idea, then fine, but for official documents it simply isn't up to the task yet (although greatly improving).

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2019 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    25th August 2019 - 11:07 PM