UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Access Table Linked To Sharepoint Not Showing All Records, SharePoint 2013    

blueman2
post Oct 21 2018, 11:33 AM
Post#1

I'm getting some strange behavior all of a sudden and I wonder if this is something that someone has dealt with. Some of the tables I have linked to sharepoint lists are only showing a very minimal amount of records when first opened and unused. A simple sort command will then show all the records. Even though it's only showing a minimal amount of records initially, the status bar shows that the records are "unfiltered". This behavior is is causing some of the functions and procedures to not operate properly if the particular table involved is not first used in some fashion so that all records show. I don't know if the number of records in each list has to do with it but you can see the actual total on the bottom by the record selector

Please see the images. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached File  Image_001.jpg ( 201.14K )Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  Image_002.jpg ( 217.81K )Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  Image_003.jpg ( 265.55K )Number of downloads: 1

Attached File  Image_004.jpg ( 136.61K )Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  Image_005.jpg ( 140.2K )Number of downloads: 0

Attached File  Image_006.jpg ( 202.08K )Number of downloads: 1

Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 21 2018, 12:05 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

"...I'm getting some strange behavior all of a sudden ..."

So up until recently, you were able to consistently retrieve 100% of the records in the SharePoint list, but then that changed and now, a day later, only some smaller percentage of the total loads initially?

And nothing else changed? No updates to Windows or Office or SharePoint? No modifications in the Access acdb, no modifications in the SP lists?

If that's all the case, then it would point to a threshold for the number of records being loaded has been crossed.

How many total records are there in the SharePoint list that doesn't fully load initially?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 21 2018, 12:07 PM
Post#3

UA Admin

A second question comes to mind. Why does this matter? Are you actually doing some sort of calculations by opening tables manually?

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 21 2018, 12:23 PM
Post#4

UA Admin

You might find something useful here.

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

blueman2
post Oct 21 2018, 03:51 PM
Post#5

I noticed it recently when opening the table directly instead of form in order to check something. I can't pin point a day when it happened. But it's not even consistent but more intermittent to some degree. Just now, I re-opened the database base and all tables in question (Orders, OrderDetails, Customers,ShipTo data) showed full records right off the bat (2663, 3171, 2299). But now, I just re-opened after closing to check the number of total records and once again. one of the tables was just showing 17 records that minutes ago was showing all.

A second question comes to mind. Why does this matter? Are you actually doing some sort of calculations by opening tables manually?

The reason I was looking at the tables directly was because we were also getting intermittent results for a procedure we were running to update and view order details in a form that had orders as the master. Everything was checked and we could find no reason why we weren't seeing order details. And also, it worked at times and then it didn't.

I was trying to see what might be going on in the table to cause this intermittent error when I noticed the lack of visible records and then I also took note that this behavior was intermittent (as you can see above). I also tested the form after first checking that not all records were showing in the tables. I did not work. Then I sorted the table to get all records to show and the procedure worked. So basically I'm putting two and two together. There's obviously something going on with the tables/lists. Once (and if) I can get that corrected, I can see how the form and procedure in question responds going forward. There is definitely something wrong with the way the lists are showing. BTW, it's also happening on multiple copies of the database.

Thanks

Also, as an edit: I just looked at the link you sent however, getting locked out isn't the behavior I'm experiencing which is what they are saying could result from reaching the 5000 record limit
This post has been edited by blueman2: Oct 21 2018, 03:57 PM

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 22 2018, 08:10 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

What do you have set for caching behavior?

Attached File  LocalCaching.jpg ( 127.75K )Number of downloads: 2

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

blueman2
post Oct 22 2018, 11:59 AM
Post#7

Attached File  Image_1.jpg ( 52.53K )Number of downloads: 0

We had it set previously to just "Use Cache format that is comparable........" with no check box ticked at "clear on close".and we were running into a lot of other problems. This was a few months ago. As soon I changed it, to what you see now those problems stopped (I don't remember what they were at the moment but could figure it out if I need to.
This post has been edited by blueman2: Oct 22 2018, 12:01 PM

blueman2
post Oct 24 2018, 12:12 PM
Post#8

Any one have any further Ideas on what's going on? This is causing some problems and i have no idea how to fix it. The lists show complete on sharepoint so I think the problem may be elsewhere.

I'd rather find the source of the problem but could there be a workaround where upon open, the tables could be resorted with code to force them to show all records?

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th July 2019 - 07:52 PM