UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Send Email With Embedded Link To Customers, Access 2016    

KevinF
post Jun 9 2020, 02:38 PM
Post#1

I am using Access 2016 and I want to send a survey link to our customers using Outlook 2016. This message cannot be a "blast" to all customers at once, but has to be sent one at a time. I plan to loop through a query to send individual messages.

I am using one of the short VBA routines I found on UtterAccess to test my methodology, so it's the body of the message that I need to build. I would like to:

A: Use a PDF file with an embedded active link and the necessary "boilerplate" text as the message content. This PDF cannot be an attachment. The PDF has the text and document formatting that I want, plus the Word document that generates it can be changed to make a new PDF file.

or

B: Assemble the body of the message from fields in a table. Each of those fields has a paragraph or 2 of text. The body must include the active embedded link and the "boilerplate" text. The body built using this method could show the formatting available in the PDF file, but it's not absolutely necessary.

To complicate matters, I need to send the message using a service account, not my own email address.

Any assistance or guidance is appreciated!

Kevin
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Jun 11 2020, 08:18 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Do you see the inherent contradiction here?

Use a PDF file with an embedded active link and the necessary "boilerplate" text as the message content. This PDF cannot be an attachment

If you cannot attach a PDF to the email, how do you actually plan to "use" it?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

KevinF
post Jun 22 2020, 03:40 PM
Post#3

The PDF would be the body of the email message. I'm proposing a PDF file because it could save time when sending out several hundred invitations. That format can be read on any screen because the message might be read on a tablet, a cell phone, or a computer screen.

As an alternative to a PDF, I could use a report template to accomplish the same purpose, but I want to make sure it can be done before I spend a lot of time spinning my wheels.

The examples I see on here show the body as plain text and I don't want that.

Thanks.

theDBguy
post Jun 22 2020, 03:43 PM
Post#4

UA Moderator

Sorry, I actually can't remember seeing any email with an embedded PDF in the body without having to download it first before viewing it. Not sure where you may have seen an example of that. The most common way I've seen a link included in emails is through HTML.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

tina t
post Jun 22 2020, 04:34 PM
Post#5

B: Assemble the body of the message from fields in a table. Each of those fields has a paragraph or 2 of text. The body must include the active embedded link and the "boilerplate" text. The body built using this method could show the formatting available in the PDF file, but it's not absolutely necessary.

follows the code that i use to include a link in the body of an email, as

CODE
Dim strBody As String

strBody = strBody & "<A HREF=""" & strFilepath & "YY" & rst("XX") & ".pdf" & """>" & rst("XX") & "</A>" & "<br />"

hth
tina
This post has been edited by tina t: Jun 22 2020, 04:34 PM

--------------------
"the wheel never stops turning"

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    8th July 2020 - 10:55 PM