UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Happens To Archived Versions When Deleting A Document, SharePoint 2013    

punster
post Nov 26 2018, 11:54 AM
Post#1

Hope this isn't an "oops" question. I have been in the process of cleaning up my site and deleting several documents. Many of the documents that I have already deleted did have several versions stored using the SharePoint Version History Feature. If a document is deleted, do all the versions get deleted as well? If not, that is my "oops" and how would I now go about deleting the prior versions of documents that I have already deleted?
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Nov 26 2018, 12:07 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

If you want to completely delete a document, you'll also need to remove it from the Recycle Bin(s) (there's two of them). Once you do that, I believe all previous versions will be gone as well (I'll have to double-check to be sure).

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

punster
post Nov 26 2018, 12:41 PM
Post#3

Yes, I am very much aware of the need to delete from the recycle bin as well. My concern was that hopefully once that was done that all previous versions would be gone as well. Thanks!

theDBguy
post Nov 26 2018, 12:46 PM
Post#4

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Can you still recover those deleted documents from the Recycle Bin? If not, I think the only way for anyone to retrieve the previous versions is to somehow "know" the GUID assigned to the deleted document.

I'll try to find any documentation on this.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th September 2019 - 11:57 AM