UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help! What Are My Options?, Any Version    

HeatherO
post Dec 19 2018, 03:39 PM
Post#21

Hey there! Any update on your demo? I have a meeting with our IT guy tomorrow afternoon and I would like to take this to him for review. Also, what sort of cost would we be looking at with this? Thanks again!
Go to the top of the page

RobKoelmans
post Dec 20 2018, 10:53 AM
Post#22

Hi Heather,

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am62NAIRjLyWob5FxPYlDhnyEtcsZg
I can't scroll to all the record because it's still our customer file. If it's not more than 10,000 records per query, you don't have to do anything. If it's more you have to set some in between filter criterium in the form on opening or with a popup.
Hope this helps. Let me know whether the download works for you.

It appears the encoder is not using wmv anymore in my version. Download VLC from the Microsoft Store if the screen caption won't open.
Kind regards rob.
This post has been edited by RobKoelmans: Dec 20 2018, 11:22 AM

payfast8898
post Dec 20 2018, 11:28 AM
Post#23

We do this all the time, we setup an odbc connection to the MySQL database on the web you need to know the ip address, dbase name, username, password and connect. then I can see the tables and link them. works great for putting and collecting data from the web. We don't run a full application from there just mini apps to collect new customer info, appointment scheduling/viewing, sign documents, gives us a great hybrid solutions. you do have to make sure your internet provider allows for connection some do some don't.

soon as you establish the connection you can fill any MySQL tables you want.

--------------------
"When a collection of Brilliant minds, hearts and talents come together...
Expect a masterpiece"

RobKoelmans
post Dec 20 2018, 12:17 PM
Post#24

Heather, for ease I put it on YouTube as well: https://youtu.be/wuThbhjDUGM

This is not client/server. It's 3-tier, so it complies to GDPR and other legislation. In spite of that it's much faster than client/server. The web-service always has only one roundtrip to the database. You can first query for one or more ID's and use those in fully indexed Where-clauses while remaining in one roundtrip.

Perhaps, that's also possible with MySQL. With SQL-Server the combination of SQL-Server and MS-Flow is much more convenient than directly to the database with odbc/ado. In PowerApps we use the same Flows and retrieve over 30 thousand records in 4 seconds worldwide.

Rob

RayFrew
post Feb 12 2019, 12:54 PM
Post#25

Hi Everyone
I have a similar question as Heather's in that I have a desktop database that I'd like to put "in a cloud" so that my 3 colleagues can use it from home via the internet. I think Albert's solution of installing a Server PC and using Terminal Services seems to give what I'm looking for. My only question is that can my colleagues connect and use the database concurrently? I tried putting the database on OneDrive but that locked at database level. What I'm looking for is locking at record level. Will a Server PC and Terminal Services give me that?
Thanks
Ray

theDBguy
post Feb 12 2019, 01:02 PM
Post#26

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Ray. It should; however, TS is, I think, the "most" expensive approach among the options presented. I usually only see it implemented at corporate level. I hope I'm wrong though.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

RayFrew
post Feb 12 2019, 01:18 PM
Post#27

Ah, financing would be an issue as it's a very small business. I'll find out the pricing options.
Thanks
Ray

RobKoelmans
post Feb 18 2019, 09:10 AM
Post#28

Hi Ray,
We can migrate your data pretty easily to SQL-Server, let you create some webbrowser AWA forms and make the original Access Desktop Application available again.
see our videos at MetaMicro.nl
rob

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd March 2019 - 01:38 PM