UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do I Kick The Selected One Out Of A Database. Ms Access 2016, Access 2016    

akbarmahfuzalam
post Feb 14 2020, 06:28 AM
Post#1

Hi Guys,

Can someone help me with code that need to go behind the Disconnect User and Send Message Button.

I tried to find but failed. Help is highly appreciated !
Need help in adapting it to my need.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Mdification.JPG ( 79.31K )Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  CheckCurrentUsers_v3.zip ( 61.46K )Number of downloads: 4

Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Feb 14 2020, 12:13 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Just FYI, this is cross-posted here.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

DanielPineault
post Feb 14 2020, 12:53 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Did you try the link I provided http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/downloa...LogUsersOff.mdb and then isladogs converted for you?

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2019 Microsoft MVP, UA VIP, EE Distinguished Expert 2018)
Professional Help: https://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: https://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

isladogs
post Feb 14 2020, 03:09 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

@akbar
As the author of that example app, it would have been courteous to contact me to ask questions about it or at least provide a link to the site where you downloaded it.
In fact I provided a link to one solution for the SendMessage item in the original thread and have provided additional info in the cross posted thread at AWF.

--------------------
Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
Website, email

cheekybuddha
post Feb 14 2020, 05:10 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess Moderator

@Colin,

To be fair, Akbar originally posted in a thread in response to a post where you had posted the sample but no-one answered him.

I thought DBG's link was to that thread and not to AWF, otherwise I would have added the link earlier.

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

isladogs
post Feb 14 2020, 08:31 PM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

Hi David
Without wishing to sound pedantic, the OP originally posted a question about my utility in a thread where I had converted another solution.
He then posted here and at AWF without mentioning the cross posting

--------------------
Website, email

theDBguy
post Feb 14 2020, 10:33 PM
Post#7

UA Moderator

Hi guys, sorry for the confusion. To my defense, I saw akbar's post first at AWF and then I saw this one - before I saw the one where he tacked on at the end of the one where Colin posted the updated version. If I had seen it first, I might have "moved" it because that thread was a bit old (maybe). Cheers!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

isladogs
post Feb 15 2020, 03:11 AM
Post#8

UtterAccess VIP

Hi DBG
Nothing to apologise for. Anyway all the links have, I think, now been included.

--------------------
Website, email

cheekybuddha
post Feb 15 2020, 03:49 AM
Post#9

UtterAccess Moderator

>> the OP originally posted a question about my utility in a thread where I had converted another solution <<

Fair enough. I thought Akbar had just the link you posted was to your solution and that he had changed the name for his example.

It does rather look like he was trying to get your attention for some assistance.

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

akbarmahfuzalam
post Feb 15 2020, 05:34 AM
Post#10

Thanks David for clarification on my behalf
@isladog I need solutions for which I posted the thread and was struggling to get. If I would have downloaded the demo version wherein I am not able to figure it out what need to
The code behind those button which is not working for me. By any chance do you that updated version wherein all the button is working.

And I do apologize for the double post.

isladogs
post Feb 15 2020, 05:48 AM
Post#11

UtterAccess VIP

@David
Someone at AWF did indeed contact me via PM to let me know about the thread which is when I got involved

@Akbar
Please read my earlier answers in the various threads again.

The buttons were disabled in the version I uploaded as they were in David Crake's original db and it was explained why they were disabled.
I have never implemented any code for those two features.
However I have already provided links which will help you add similar features yourself.

Good luck. It shouldn't be too difficult if you read those links

--------------------
Website, email

akbarmahfuzalam
post Feb 15 2020, 09:08 AM
Post#12

@ isladogs

The two disabled-buttons and the links which you shared for help me to add similar features. I am having a hard time to put together for my project. If you or someone help me with code or the way how to add those in that button. That would be of great assistance.

I come across another issue wherein I am not able to gauge who is the actual user ( Login Name ).

@ DanielPineault- with regards to the link which you shared. It's not working as it seems to be of the previous version. " Cannot open a database created with a previous version of your application."

DanielPineault
post Feb 15 2020, 09:10 AM
Post#13

UtterAccess VIP

Yes, but isladogs, in the link I provided, upgraded it to 2010 which can be opened in any version thereafter.

--------------------

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

akbarmahfuzalam
post Feb 15 2020, 09:38 AM
Post#14

Thanks, DanielPineault.

I am facing a challenge when I open LogUserOff.accdb. Under setting it gives me an error as Run-Time error '3044' 'C\Classes\cis253\Library1\LogUserOff_be.mdb'is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

DanielPineault
post Feb 15 2020, 10:05 AM
Post#15

UtterAccess VIP

It's just a question of relinking the linked table. Here's a version with an AutoExec macro which automatically relinks the backend tables. It works in Access 2010 onward.

Download and unzip the file, open the LogUserOff.accdb file and then Enable Content so the macros can run (or create a Trusted Location) and everything should work. You can then dissect it from there to understand how it all works (it's actually very straight forward).
Attached File(s)
Attached File  LogUsersOff_2010_AutoRelinkBE.zip ( 46.84K )Number of downloads: 5

--------------------

akbarmahfuzalam
post Feb 15 2020, 12:51 PM
Post#16

@ DanielPineault

Much Appreciated!
I will go through the code and logic behind the Logoff and will try to implement the same in Disconnect User button.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    25th May 2020 - 09:42 PM