UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Importing Excel Via Vba, Access 2013    

LeeAnn
post Nov 18 2019, 01:29 PM
Post#21

I may just do that DBGuy. I have dealt with frustration over importing from Excel a long time ago, it was very similar to what this was. Got to remember also VBA is different some between Excel and Access (the := thing was a major error, it would not bomb out but it would not work like I was thinking it was lol). But it works and now I am off to a meeting regarding another project that we have been working on for a long time, something if we can implement would be cool. The process works but have not had the go ahead to implement it. Hopefully we can get things rolling after the meeting.

Thanks again everyone for your input and for getting me to think a bit outside the box.

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson
Go to the top of the page

dmhzx
post Nov 18 2019, 04:31 PM
Post#22

I got so fed up with trying to import Excel to Access, that I usually end up bringing it in a cell at a time.

It takes longer than TransferSpreadsheet, but it keeps me in control, and I can then not only force fields to the type you want, but you can make corrections as you go.

I also seem to recall that once you design a transfer spec you cannot actually even see it again, never mind change it.

Good luck with getting Microsoft to do anything.

theDBguy
post Nov 18 2019, 04:53 PM
Post#23

UA Moderator

QUOTE (dmhzx)
I also seem to recall that once you design a transfer spec you cannot actually even see it again, never mind change it.
This is actually possible either manually or through code.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

WildBird
post Nov 18 2019, 07:41 PM
Post#24

UtterAccess VIP

QUOTE (dmhzx)

This is actually possible either manually or through code.

There is a couple of hidden tables, that you can edit (with caveats). Can be done programmatically, but I have found it a hassle personally.

I just import to a staging table, all text fields. Excel will do lots of weird stuff if it can - dates, nnumbers with leading zeroes etc, best to skip Excel if at all possible - try CSV or any other format and import as TEXT files.

Good luck

--------------------
Beer, natures brain defragging tool.

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2019 - 10:42 PM