UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crosstab Query, Access 2016    

lilus615
post Jun 2 2020, 02:49 PM
Post#1

good afternoon,

i have attached screenshots of a crosstab query and report in Access and one from Excel pivot table, showing what i want to accomplish in Access. how do i add current balance to the crosstab and total count of Status and Total Sum of current balance on the right columns?

thank you
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Crosstab_report.zip ( 66.67K )Number of downloads: 6

Go to the top of the page

June7
post Jun 2 2020, 02:54 PM
Post#2

Suggest you provide raw data for us to work with - DB or spreadsheet.

--------------------
Attachments Manager is below the edit post window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

lilus615
post Jun 2 2020, 03:34 PM
Post#3

also, how do you sort alphanumeric field, so week 10 is not after week 1

thank you
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Crosstab_query.zip ( 17.74K )Number of downloads: 5

RJD
post Jun 2 2020, 03:38 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

...and be sure, to include the crosstab query in the db so we can see the SQL. The Design View picture of the query you posted is not really very helpful. The whole db would be best, as June7 indicated, along with how you want to calculate "current balance".

Ah, I see you posted an Excel file. Actually, could you post the Access db?

Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

lilus615
post Jun 2 2020, 03:59 PM
Post#5

SQL

TRANSFORM Count([Qry for deferral - FINAL].Status) AS CountOfStatus
SELECT [Qry for deferral - FINAL].Week_Name, [Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Region_#]
FROM [Qry for deferral - FINAL]
GROUP BY [Qry for deferral - FINAL].Week_Name, [Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Region_#]
PIVOT [Qry for deferral - FINAL].Status;

June7
post Jun 2 2020, 06:20 PM
Post#6

If you use the query wizard it will automatically create one totals column. Then modify for a second:

TRANSFORM Count([Qry for deferral - FINAL].[CurrentBalance]) AS CountOfCurrentBalance
SELECT [Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Week_Name], [Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Region_#], Count([Qry for deferral - FINAL].[CurrentBalance]) AS [TotalCount], Sum([CurrentBalance]) AS [SumCB]
GROUP BY [Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Week_Name], [Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Region_#]
PIVOT [Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Status];

If you want both count and sum for each Status, review http://allenbrowne.com/ser-67.html#MultipleValues

This post has been edited by June7: Jun 2 2020, 06:25 PM

--------------------
Attachments Manager is below the edit post window. To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

lilus615
post Jun 24 2020, 08:01 PM
Post#7

I have 2 crosstabs 1 for Sum and 1 for Count, then i combined them, results is in the attached document.

TRANSFORM Sum([Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Current Balance]) AS [SumOfCurrent Balance]
SELECT [Qry for deferral - FINAL].Week_Name, [Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Region_#], Sum([Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Current Balance]) AS [Total Of Current Balance]
GROUP BY [Qry for deferral - FINAL].Week_Name, [Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Region_#]

TRANSFORM Count([Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Current Balance]) AS CountOfCurrentBalance
SELECT [Qry for deferral - FINAL].Week_Name, [Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Region_#], Count([Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Current Balance]) AS TotalCount, Sum([Qry for deferral - FINAL].[Current Balance]) AS SumCB

SELECT * FROM [Qry for segments - Crosstab balances]
UNION SELECT * FROM [Qry for segments - crosstab count];
This post has been edited by lilus615: Jun 24 2020, 08:03 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  combined_SQL_queries.zip ( 74.69K )Number of downloads: 3

June7
post Jun 24 2020, 08:08 PM
Post#8

So, issue is resolved?

--------------------

MadPiet
post Jun 24 2020, 08:11 PM
Post#9

UNION ALL not UNION.

UNION sorts and removes duplicates... do you really want that? and posting screenshots is pretty much a waste of time. We can't run a screen shot of some code.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    5th July 2020 - 03:22 PM