UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Search Vba Code Not Recognizing Multi-value Text Boxes, Access 2013    

theDBguy
post May 7 2020, 06:51 PM
Post#61

UA Moderator

QUOTE (sarinadipity)
I think I found a way around my issue but not entirely sure. In the search code I have in the sample database how would I reference the subform so that the reference value search box searches that? Having the reference value MVF on the main form is causing a lot of repetition so Im thinking if I put the subform to use for the code then I can eliminate the MVF in the query which fixes the sort issue.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Can you elaborate further or post some images to help explain it?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email
Go to the top of the page

sarinadipity
post May 13 2020, 02:22 PM
Post#62

I actually managed to make it work! I had do a select SQL in the record source instead of going off a query directly. Thank you for all your help the DBguy!!

I regret using MVF but they seemed like such a useful thing when I was learning and first building this and now I am too far into it to try and use an alternative method. That's the issue with learning while you go, you gotta try to untangle the junk later on. It worked at the time but was not the best way to do some of this stuff.

theDBguy
post May 13 2020, 03:53 PM
Post#63

UA Moderator

Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

FrankRuperto
post May 13 2020, 06:49 PM
Post#64

Hi Sarinadipity,

Check out Commandment #2 (Lookup Fields) in "The Ten Commandments of Access": http://access.mvps.org/access/tencommandments.htm

Good Luck!

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix, Oracle & PostgreSQL db's.

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    29th May 2020 - 05:21 AM