UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sage 200 Linked Tables    

FJM
post Jul 14 2020, 10:25 AM
Post#1

When I LINK a table from SAGE 200 into access using the ODBC wizard, all records show #DELETED.
When I look at the table in Design, I see that the first field is short text, has a primary key, Indexed is set as YES and there are no duplicates allowed.

If I IMPORT the same table using the same method, all data is visible.
When I look at the table in design, I see that the first field is short text, has no primary key and is not indexed.

I have no control over the SAGE tables.

Is there any work around in access that allows me to view and work with a linked table. This is preferable because the data is in real time and always up to date.
Working with an imported table will do a job, but the data is only a "snapshot" and always needs to be refreshed by re-importing
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Jul 14 2020, 10:29 AM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Hi. I have no experience with Sage, but I imagine the capabilities to link and edit the data is a matter of using the correct ODBC driver. Do you know if you are using the right one?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 14 2020, 10:54 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

HOW did you do the linking? IIRC, SAGE is based on either MySQL or Oracle, depending on the specific product. I did see a reference, though, to linking one Sage product to SQL Server.

An appropriate ODBC driver should provide the links you need.

Have you contacted Sage support for their input?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

FJM
post Jul 15 2020, 09:25 AM
Post#4

Just contacted SAGE but they have almost no knowledge of ACCESS - SAGE links.
Most people use EXCEL - SAGE because it is primarily a numbers package.
I have tried the EXCEL - SAGE link and the table reads OK so I am certain that it is not an ODBC issue but more of an access index issue

GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 15 2020, 09:49 AM
Post#5

UA Admin

I don't know that it's an "Access index" problem, but without greater detail, it's hard to know.

Where did you get the ODBC driver you used to connect your accdb to the Sage 200 database?

Which ODBC driver is it?

A quick search turned up this document which indicates the Sage 200 database is actually SQL Server. Can you confirm that, please?
This post has been edited by GroverParkGeorge: Jul 15 2020, 09:52 AM

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

JHolm
post Jul 15 2020, 01:32 PM
Post#6

I have been linking Access to Sage 200 for years, without any difficulty. The database is SQL Server and the ODBC drivers for it work just fine.

The only issue I ever had was when we upgraded to a 64 bit OS. Our SQL Server install, done by Sage, was apparently 32 bit. Windows will, by default, use the 64 bit version of the ODBC Data Source Administrator. I found I had to use the 32 bit version to successfully create ODBC connections to new Sage 200 companies. I can't remember what the problems I had were, just that the 64 bit version wouldn't create a working connection, and the 32 bit version would.

Jeff

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    5th August 2020 - 05:07 AM