UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mystery Email Button, Access 2016    

Wedge
post Aug 24 2018, 05:35 PM
Post#1

Okay - this is a weird one. I have an install of Access where the email button in report print preview stays greyed out so I cannot email any reports or anything for that matter. It doesn't matter if I use VBA with SendObject either - it still just gives a 2046 error. Works perfectly on lots of other systems. Thinking something strange I wiped the machine and started again with the same problem. Latest version of Windows 10 Pro and Access 2016. See screenshot. Hoping someone has a few ideas as to why the email system doesn't seem to initialise. I have tried 'repair Access' to no avail. Windows 10 mail works fine and Excel 2016 also works with emailing - it just seems to be Access. It's like there is some permission issue - but I have never seen this before. ???

Attached File  Capture.PNG ( 23.64K )Number of downloads: 2
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Aug 24 2018, 05:53 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

It may be related to a recent bug with the SendObject method. Outlook automation or using CDO should still work.

Just my 2 cents...

Wedge
post Aug 25 2018, 11:24 AM
Post#3

Yes - it could be but this works fine on other installs. Unless the bug is specific to certain configurations? I wish MS would just get to fixing it then we could rule it out. Until then it is very strange. Can you use Outlook automation with a different email client though?

theDBguy
post Aug 25 2018, 11:34 AM
Post#4

Hi Sam,

No, you can automate Outlook only if it is installed. But, you can use CDO regardless of email clients.

Wedge
post Aug 27 2018, 03:06 PM
Post#5

Okay - so I now have an understanding. It only works if Outlook or Windows Live Mail is installed. If I install either of these apps and then change the default app to a different mail client - it works. It's as if you need to install an MS client first and then you are okay. If I take Outlook or Live mail off it stops working. This is on a clean wiped - 'fresh start' latest Windows 10 install. The Mail client that comes with Windows 10 has no effect - I have to install Outlook and then the Email icon is enabled. What is also strange is that it seems to ignore the default email app setting in Windows 10 - I have to change the default text in the registry.

To be honest I have only used Live Mail or Outlook in the past so only noticed this when I setup a completely clean Windows 10 pro machine.

Weird.

--------------------
Sam

theDBguy
post Aug 27 2018, 03:12 PM
Post#6

Hi Sam,

If it's related to the recent bug in Office/Windows, it might get fixed later on. Then, you won't have this weird behavior anymore.

Cheers!

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Wedge
post Sep 5 2018, 11:26 AM
Post#7

Fingers crossed! Again! smile.gif

--------------------
Sam

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    10th December 2018 - 10:30 AM