UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dbpix Properties And Methods Don't Work, Access 2016    

dale.fye
post Sep 11 2019, 02:13 PM
Post#1

I've got a client, who has an old Access 2003 database application that we are attempting to update to A2016 (32 bit) (latest version she has).

She has about 8 forms in the application which use the dbPix activeX control, but we are getting errors on properties and methods which show up when I do a web search. I've checked the references and ensured that the ocx file has been added to the project.

I've replaced the dbPix control with an Access image control on one of the forms, which seems to work fine. I'm waiting for info from the client as to whether she wants to proceed with this change on all of the forms.

I have not dug into the code to deeply at this point, but as I understand it, one of the reasons for purchasing the software was to allow the users to connect a digital camera directly to their computer to capture and store the image.

1. Does anyone have any idea why the code behind these forms would be failing with "object doesn't support this property" and other property/method errors?

2. Has anybody used any other freeware that performs this same functionality?

--------------------
Dale Fye
Microsoft Access MVP 2013-2016
Developing Solutions, LLC
Go to the top of the page

missinglinq
post Sep 12 2019, 07:04 PM
Post#2

Is the version of dbPix you're using the latest available...or one that was available when the program was first developed using v2003?

They currently offer aversion that they claim works up thru v2016...offered here

Ammara's Website

Linq ;0)>
This post has been edited by missinglinq: Sep 12 2019, 07:05 PM

--------------------
Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    14th October 2019 - 01:28 PM