UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
> Update To SQL Using SSMA, SQL Server 2012    

Marto
post Jul 26 2019, 04:44 AM
Post#1

Hi

I have been trying to use the SSMA 2014 to update and existing database backend (2003) to SQL and i am getting error messages.
Out of 85 tables 19 of these will not load in. Now i have no doubt that there may be issues with these but the descriptions in the error log to me are cryptic.
I have checked them for Primary Key and all tables have a PK

Is there a document to explain what the errors are and more importantly how to fix them. Or something to explain the prerequisites are

TIA
Martin

--------------------
There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey.
Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
GroverParkGeorge
post Jul 26 2019, 06:54 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

I am not aware of a specific document like that.

What errors, specifically, are being raised?

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

Marto
post Aug 1 2019, 08:51 AM
Post#3

Hi

Sorry about delay in replying.

I have managed to get the tables to migrate to SQL. I was using an older version of the SSMA so I downloaded the latest version v8.3.0 and ran it.
The latest version had more descriptive error messages so i was able to address the issues.

I am running into other issues with the data conversion regarding dates. They now all have the time as well .i.e. 2019-08-01 10:45:17.740 is there any way when doing the conversion to stop the time being added on?

--------------------
There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey.

Posts in this topic

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    1st April 2020 - 05:59 PM