UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Zoombox And Rich/plain Text, Access 2016    

Louverril
post May 14 2019, 10:44 AM
Post#1

Hi,

I am using the latest office365 version of Access.

I want to use zoom box on a datasheet view and this code below works fine on a double click for fields formatted Long Text and Plain Text - in that I get a scroll bar:Attached File  SnipLongTextPlainext.jpg ( 54.52K )Number of downloads: 2

Either shift and F2 or
CODE
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoomBox

But if they re formatted Long Text and Rich Text no scroll bar will appear:Attached File  SnipLongTextRichText.jpg ( 33.37K )Number of downloads: 1

See simple example attached - change the second field between Rich Text and Plain Text and see the difference when you click in it and press ShiftKey and F2: Attached File  Database6.zip ( 19.67K )Number of downloads: 3

I can live without it - the zoombox - but it would be convenient. Is it possible to get the zoombox with a scroll on a Long Text and Rich Text field?

Many Thanks

--------------------
Cheers!

Allyson
UK North Yorkshire / North East
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post May 14 2019, 10:55 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi. I did you what you said, and here's what I got.
Attached File  zoom.png ( 9.07K )Number of downloads: 1

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

Louverril
post May 14 2019, 11:01 AM
Post#3

Oh!

In the db I attached?

(thanks for the reply!)

--------------------
Cheers!

Allyson

Louverril
post May 14 2019, 11:06 AM
Post#4

I think its the Office365 version I am using - the latest available to me?
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/us...en-US&ad=US

--------------------
Cheers!

Allyson

theDBguy
post May 14 2019, 11:14 AM
Post#5

Hi. Yes, I did what you said using the db you posted. And no, I am not using O365, just 2016.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

Louverril
post May 14 2019, 11:17 AM
Post#6

Thanks!!!!!

I think that is it 365 versus a "local" 2016 version - can't check it myself just now.

--------------------
Cheers!

Allyson

theDBguy
post May 14 2019, 11:18 AM
Post#7

Yes, we'll have to wait for someone with the same version as you to test it out. Good luck!

--------------------

Louverril
post May 15 2019, 04:41 AM
Post#8

Thanks!

--------------------
Cheers!

Allyson

Phil_cattivocara...
post May 15 2019, 05:13 AM
Post#9

Office365 32bit on Windows10 Pro - ver 1809 64bit. Italian. Everything is OK for me. I have tested with shift + F2 only.

Attached File  Cattura.JPG ( 54.78K )Number of downloads: 1

I cannot explain how to solve your problem

--------------------
Please forgive in advance my horrible English.

missinglinq
post May 15 2019, 07:02 AM
Post#10

The Zoombox appears to simply be positioned too far to the right...and can be repositioned, after opening, by simply right-clicking on its title area and dragging it to the left on the screen...which, I suspect, would then show the scrollbar, as well as the missing Command buttons. The problem with this, of course, is that it would have to be repeated every time you zoom. There is probably a way to reposition where the Zoombox appears, but I haven't a clue...except that it would probably involve the use of an API.

On a Single View or Continuous View Form, you could simply add an extra Textbox (the custom 'zoombox',) Bound to the Memo Field, sized to the desired dimensions and position, then Hide it, by default. You can Unhide it by Double-Clicking the original Memo Field Control. To close the custom Zoombox...use its Double-Click Property to

Set Focus to the original Memo Field Control
Hide the custom zoombox Control

Your sample file only shows your Table...have you tried doing this on a Form based on the table? All interfacing between users and data should really be done via Forms...and that may resolve the problem. To be honest...I never even was aware that you could do this on a Table.

Linq ;0)>

--------------------
Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

isladogs
post May 15 2019, 08:52 AM
Post#11

UtterAccess VIP

If you can't get the zoombox to work as you want with rich text, its easy enough to make your own popup zoom form
For example see the example app I've created to go with this website article Accurately Move forms and Controls
This includes a zoom form and, by chance, deals with the issue Linq mentioned by placing the zoom form directly below the control being zoomed.
It also includes other unrelated code to 'select' listbox items using mouse move i.e. without clicking the items.

--------------------

Louverril
post May 16 2019, 04:33 AM
Post#12

Thanks Phil for the response.
That sounds like the same set up as me. Are you sure you did this on a field set to Long Text AND Rich Text? I notice you have no rich text showing in the snip - highlighting, different colours etc.

Thanks Misinglinq!
"The Zoombox appears to simply be positioned too far to the right..." Nothing to do with running out of space on the form - loads of room as you can see from these new snips below. I also tried stretching the zoom box to the left which it does - but no change to the display - apart from it being wider.
And it is any sort of form or table.. Datasheet, Continuous, Single. These two snips are from the same form. I have also tried it on Single, and Continuous forms, as sub forms, on tabs and as main forms (that is a datasheet subform in the snip). And it is the same on all my systems - if the field is Long Text and Rich Text.

Attached File  SnipLongTextRichTextForm.jpg ( 22.41K )Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  SnipLongTextPlainTextForm.jpg ( 36.66K )Number of downloads: 0

"On a Single View or Continuous View Form, you could simply add an extra Textbox (the custom 'zoombox',) Bound to the Memo Field, sized to the desired dimensions and position, …" Thanks! Yes that's a good idea but I don't need it enough to do that just now - though I might in the future. I was just interested in if I had missed something getting the basic feature working.

Thanks IslaDogs -that's useful to know, but in this case I can live without the zoom if needed :-) - it was a bit of a fancy extra in this case - but I wanted to find out what was happening for possible future use.

Thanks All,
It is going to be tested on Access Runtime next week on a PC with no full version of Access and "local" (non 365) versions of Office - I will let you know what happens.

--------------------
Cheers!

Allyson

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th May 2019 - 07:33 PM