UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trouble Shoot, Access 2010    

hmn3pod@yahoo.co...
post May 16 2019, 11:42 AM
Post#1

My Company uses the MS Access program, and it is great. It was created by a Manager that passed away a few years ago. And yes, I have adopted this program to make alterations and modify it. The challenge is overwhelming. Here's my latest dilema. When I finish entering information on a form, there is a 'print button' that I click. After a few seconds, the report appears. I check it and then print it. Lately, after I type all the info and click the 'print' button, the report appears but it is blank. The form is not keeping the information. Help!
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post May 16 2019, 11:47 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Welcome to UtterAccess!
welcome2UA.gif

It's hard to say what's going on if we can't see it. Can you share a copy of your database with sample data?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

GroverParkGeorge
post May 16 2019, 12:02 PM
Post#3

UA Admin

We really do need more details and the best way to do that is to share a copy of the misbehaving db, with just enough non-identifiable data to see how it works.

That said, can you clarify a couple of things as well.

" Lately, after I type all the info..." So this is a recent change in behavior, not something that always happened?

"And yes, I have adopted this program to make alterations and modify it. "

Also, we'd probably like to know what changes were made, if any, before this change took effect.

Thanks.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

hmn3pod@yahoo.co...
post Yesterday, 07:41 AM
Post#4

[attachment=90367:MainMenu.png]
Hi-Sorry for not responding quicker. I need to be at work in order to upload any pictures of the data base. I work at Disneyland in California. I am 1 of 7 3rd shift Managers for Custodial. We have 400 Cast Members who complete 190 different details that get the Park clean for Guests This is where we use your database. The above picture is the Main Menu. We divide the Park into 4 different zones. We use the database to document where every Cast Member was assigned to. I also attached the form when you click 'Zone 1' from the main menu.
This post has been edited by hmn3pod@yahoo.com: Yesterday, 07:42 AM

GroverParkGeorge
post Yesterday, 07:45 AM
Post#5

UA Admin

Thanks.

We can't really diagnose problems with events from looking at static images. Sorry.

Did you have a chance to read the questions I asked above?

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

Jeff B.
post Yesterday, 08:03 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

I'll echo the other responders' comments -- it's hard to offer specific suggestions without looking at the specific database. Also, FYI, the data in an Access db is NOT stored in the forms, it 'lives' in tables and gets displayed in forms (on the screen) and in reports (printed).

--------------------
Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP (2002-2015)

Mention of hardware or software is, in no way, an endorsement thereof. The FTC of the USA made this disclaimer necessary/possible.

hmn3pod@yahoo.co...
post Yesterday, 09:00 AM
Post#7

I understand- Thanks for responding.

GroverParkGeorge
post Yesterday, 10:44 AM
Post#8

UA Admin

Please respond to the questions asked, with specific information we can use to try to help.

If you can, the most effective approach is often to upload a copy of the database to look at. If you can do that, replace the data with just enough sample data to see how it works--or is supposed to work. Also, compact and repair the sample accdb, then compress it into a ZIP file to be uploaded.

Thanks.

--------------------
Beginning SQL Server

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th May 2019 - 07:58 PM