UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Form Application Malfunction, Access 2016    

SemiAuto40
post May 16 2019, 02:27 PM
Post#1

I have a front end which has been working quite well for several years now. I just tried to install (copy the front end to a username folder with icon) the application and it started once correctly. Good thing I closed it and tried to relaunch it! The login form opens and accepts the user name and password - then abruptly closes leaving a locking record file in the folder. There is no evidence of the application running in Task Manager. Now the application continues to open and abruptly close after login. It's a new Win10 laptop. Any good ideas what this laptop is doing to make my life miserable?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post May 16 2019, 02:34 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Are you able to step through the code?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

gemmathehusky
post May 16 2019, 03:51 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

You don't have different versions of Access do you?

Can the new user see the back end? Does he have full privileges for the DB backend folder
Can you open the front end with the shift-key held down? Check the tables, and the VB references. Then run the app, with a breakpoint point and step through it.

--------------------
Dave (Male)

(Gemma was my dog)

missinglinq
post May 17 2019, 07:27 AM
Post#4

QUOTE (SemiAuto40)
...just tried to install (copy the front end to a username folder with icon) the application and it started once correctly. Good thing I closed it and tried to relaunch it...

When it 'started once correctly' were you starting it from Design View...or from the Nav Pane?

Since this is a new laptop, presumably it's a new installation of Access...has the folder containing the file been declared as 'trusted?'

I ask because if the folder has not been declared as 'trusted,' going from Design View to Form View will allow code to run correctly (the assumption by the Access Gnome apparently being anyone with access to Design View can be 'trusted') but if the Form is closed and then reopened, from the Nav Pane, it will not allow code to run...and could possibly be causing your problem.

Linq ;0)>

--------------------
Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th May 2019 - 07:36 PM