UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> REMOVE Reminder Alarm from already existing appointments    

K_Escherich
post Jan 13 2006, 06:37 PM
Post#1

Hi there. one of the doctors that I work with has asked me to remove all the alarms that are associated with all of the pre-existing appointments.
know that if you go to TOOLS/OPTIONS/CALENDAR, you can deactivate the DEFAULT REMINDER on the PREFERENCE tab. That appears to allow entries to be made without placing a 15 minute alarm on each entry. My question, is what do I do in regards to all of the existing entries that have been made. Do I have to reveiw each one independently or is there something that I can do just once and have it clear all the alarms at once??? We do not want to clear out the appointments, just the 15 minute bell.
Thank you in advance for your help.
K_Escherich
Go to the top of the page

LakeGator
post Jan 13 2006, 10:17 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

There are a couple ways to clear all the reminder notices of which my simple mind can think at this point.
The easiest for you would be to write some VBA to search all the appointments with a reminder set and turn them off. Well, this option is easy once you have written the code or, better yet, convinced some geek to write said VBA code. It wouldn’t be too terribly difficult but …
The second way may be a bit more painful but is something that can be done without the need for bribing geeks. Do an Advanced Find on the doctor’s calendar and go to the Advanced tab. Click on the Field button under Define more criteria: Go to All Appointment Fields and click on Reminder. Set the it to be Equal to Yes and click Add to List. Click on Find Now and watch the big show.
You now have a list of all the appointments that have reminders set. If the doctor doesn’t have many thousands of appointments then you can just click on one or select all of them and clear the Reminder. This is a bit tedious but is less work that wandering free style through the good doctor’s calendar.
Hope this helps.
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st October 2019 - 04:59 AM