UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reversi Aka Othello    

zocker
post Apr 24 2019, 07:55 PM
Post#1

Utterly Eccentric and Moderator

Reversi/Othello is (was) a MSN zone game enjoyed by '000's of users, discontinued from Win XP onward it was still installable on later Win versions. The Reversi server has now (been) shut down. down anyone know who to write to to complain and suggest that this harmless an intelliigent game be resurrected?

All the best,

Zocker

--------------------
I would like to remind members and visitors that UtterAccess is a NON SMOKING website. In that respect, it is the worlds first Thank you for not smoking.
Go to the top of the page

moke123
post Apr 25 2019, 12:45 AM
Post#2

There are some online versions.
Reversi

AlbertKallal
post Apr 25 2019, 02:32 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Well, there are lots of versions out there!

However, what we really need to do is write a nice version in Access!

Regards,
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP 2003-2017)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

jleach
post Apr 25 2019, 11:17 AM
Post#4

UtterAccess Administrator

I used to play Spades on MSN Zone - was the best online venue for it for years and I was very disappointed when it went away

--------------------
Jack D. Leach
Founder & CEO
Dymeng Services Inc.
Business Software Solutions

moke123
post Apr 25 2019, 05:44 PM
Post#5

I was a big fan of War Birds back in the day. It was a dog fighting flight sim where you could fly with your friends. I remember how impressive it was that we could talk to each other over the radio. This was way before VOIP ( and cellphones!)

LeeAnn
post Apr 26 2019, 02:44 PM
Post#6

I remember back in the 90's when I was in college at the University of Southern Mississippi (was a great school for Computer Science back then with some great professors). I used to go to the computer lab and play on the Muds (for all you young ones those were servers you could login and play an all text adventure game). We all thought it was so cool. My favorite one was located at Stanford University. I had about 4 or 5 other geek friends that would hang out at the computer lab on a Saturday and play for a few hours.

After I gradated I worked at a few ISPs. One of the favorite things I enjoyed was using this IRC like application called Powwow. It was really fun. You could play games, go web surfing with friends and chat. I also enjoyed playing Return to Castle Wolfenstien, one of my favorites. I also remember playing spades on MSN Zone lie jleach. There are no games and applications like those anymore. I do miss being at school playing those test games with my friends. Brings back memories...

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson

zocker
post Apr 26 2019, 05:39 PM
Post#7

Utterly Eccentric and Moderator

They have not devoted time and resources to Reversi as they have for example GO, the result is that all Online Reversi is human beatable (and quite easy) . Its a tricky game, no defence and no attack! It is said of Reversi-a mimute to learn and a lifetime to master. The best players (IMHO) are the Japanese, those who have a GO background.

Thanks for your replies!

BTW I remember the text gam

> Sorry. You have just been killed by the Red Dwarf

--------------------
I would like to remind members and visitors that UtterAccess is a NON SMOKING website. In that respect, it is the worlds first Thank you for not smoking.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    8th December 2019 - 12:56 AM