UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Internet Explorer And Web Page Displa Issue, Any Versions    

LeeAnn
post Nov 12 2019, 01:44 PM
Post#1

I have a really strange issue again with Internet Explorer. I was using the online tutorial "Tutorial: Get Started with Entity Framework 6 Code First using MVC 5" (which can be found on at MVC) and on a lot of the code windows that are highlighted I cannot see the code. Attached graphic is what I get. I have tried talking to Microsoft and all I really have received is that they can't view the image that I sent them. What gets me is I can go back at a later time and I can see all the code and then there are other code windows with highlighted text that I cannot read. Has anyone else experienced this sort of issue with Internet Explorer? What really gets me is the silent treatment I have received from Microsoft, I would not mind them telling me that they don't know what the issue is.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  CodeWindow.JPG ( 35.8K )Number of downloads: 6

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 12 2019, 02:33 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

I can't recall specifically any similar problem, no.

I did have some unexpected problems with a website in FireFox; problems which didn't appear in IE, Chrome or Edge. Finally, I deleted the cached cookies for that website from FireFox, and the problem went away.

Two things come to mind to try.

1) Try this using other browsers. Same problem in FireFox, Chrome or Edge?

2) Try cleaning out your cache for this tutorial site from IE.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

cheekybuddha
post Nov 12 2019, 02:37 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess Moderator

Hi LeeAnn,

Have you tried viewing the page in a different browser? I'm using Vivaldi and the code all renders fine.

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't you try learning the newer technology suggested in the note at the top of the page?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  20191112193542_docs.microsoft.com.png ( 85.3K )Number of downloads: 1

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

LeeAnn
post Nov 12 2019, 03:20 PM
Post#4

I was told to learn MVC here as a starting point. And I tried Chrome and Firefox and they work, but I would rather use IE. Even Edge has the problem so it has something to do with Microsoft web browsers displaying a page Microsoft created? I have tried cleaning out the cache and that did nothing. So I assume you all looked at the website in IE and it worked for you? If so then I will just take it there is something funky on my machine. But what I am really disappointed is that Microsoft is aware of the issue but I am currently getting the silent treatment (I think maybe they are perplexed as I am and maybe hope that I will go away). And this is not the only page on their site that I have had issues with, There was another page that dealt with MVC and I had the same issues, not being able to see the text in the highlighted areas. But if you all can respond back to me that you all can see the data in those boxes I will just have to use the other browsers. Sort of makes be a little irked but I can live with it. I had hoped maybe it is a setting somewhere I am missing and one of you would know.

Thanks for the help. Please let me know if you all can see the code in IE or not.

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson

cheekybuddha
post Nov 12 2019, 04:49 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess Moderator

LeeAnn, you must be the last person using IE! grin.gif

My windows box only has Edge on it. The code boxes seemed to work fine, even the ones with yellow backgrounds.

However, even MS has given up on Edge in this incarnation and are on the verge of releasing a new Chrome-based version.

Someone else will have to check IE for you.

I can't say I'm surprised you don't get any response from MS. Especially when it comes to IE which I think they wish would quietly remove itself from existence!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  20191112_edge.PNG ( 59.77K )Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  20191112_edge2.PNG ( 27.42K )Number of downloads: 0

--------------------

Regards,

David Marten

LeeAnn
post Nov 13 2019, 11:43 AM
Post#6

Here at work we still use IE, but it also happens in Edge. If they are going to release a Chrome based version I will jump for joy. That might fix some other issues I have with IE and Edge. So I am fine with the issue and will just take a shill pill. Had to do that once today already, I opened a can of worms earlier here and it was a circus. I do enjoy my work, I can laugh about most stuff that goes on.

Thanks for the help everyone and have a great Hump Day... might consider getting me some more coffee1.gif

--------------------
Lee Ann Davidson

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    6th December 2019 - 07:39 AM