UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Powerapps Status Quo    

FrankRuperto
post Oct 27 2019, 09:46 AM
Post#1

I don't see much activity in this forum. Has anyone been keeping tabs on the evolution of PowerApps? Last time I looked, it had limitations with data sources. I thought this new product was going to be a panacea that was really going to revolutionize app development. If Microsoft does not see much activity with this product, they wont put more energy into it and ultimately it will go over the wayside like Access Web Apps.
This post has been edited by FrankRuperto: Oct 27 2019, 09:47 AM

--------------------
Currently supporting pawnbrokers that use my store management system developed with Access 2010 on Windows7. Experienced with Informix and Oracle DB's.
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Oct 27 2019, 10:11 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

I think it's more likely that few, if any, MS Access centric developers pay much attention to PowerApps. Hence low activity here in this forum on an Access site. It's also priced at a point where many folks might not want to sign up unless their organization has a strong need that PA fits really well.

So far as I know, though, the product is still being developed and promoted strongly.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I did business for 20 years.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

jleach
post Oct 27 2019, 11:42 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess Administrator

I see activity of PA elsewhere, and it seems to be going well.

I don't expect this one to fall to the wayside like AWA did. PowerApps is built off the Azure platform and supported by a dedicated team, unlike AWA which was an Access spin-off type thing.

There's quite a bit of use of the Flow platform as well, which PA can utilize. Those that I know using PA often rely on flow significantly.

--------------------
Jack D. Leach
Founder & CEO
Dymeng Services Inc.
Business Software Solutions

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    11th December 2019 - 07:56 PM