UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Database Design, Access 2016    

TimTDP
post May 29 2019, 10:42 AM
Post#1

I need to build a database for my gym instructor

He will have training days, training times, clients, training program
This would typically be 4 tables with one-to-many relationships between each one
A day can have multiple training times. Each training time could have multiple clients, each with their own training program
This would also be 4 forms
But my understanding is that Access only allows 3 forms to be linked

What is the correct method to do this?

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post May 29 2019, 10:49 AM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Tim. I'm not sure what you mean by only three forms can be linked. It all depends on the UI experience you're trying to achieve. I imagine if the central focus of the database is the client, then you can have a main form showing client data and a subform showing their schedule and another subform showing their progress and maybe another subform showing their payments.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

MadPiet
post May 29 2019, 11:35 AM
Post#3

It's a variation on the Students and Classes database. Just a bit simpler. If I were you, I'd sketch this out on paper or in PowerPoint so you can share it here. If you go right to creating tables, you're very likely to end up with a database that doesn't help you solve your problem. That's a big reason why we were forced to do something like this in Database 101 class in university - you learn how to spot a bad design and how to do it right.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st August 2019 - 02:08 AM