UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Decompile Issues, Access 2016    

DaveH
post Jun 9 2020, 08:54 AM
Post#1

Access /Decompile issues

32 bit variants.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.exe /Decompile (path to database)

I recently came across an issue with decompiling an Access database where the path to the database to be decompiled contained a space in it: -

C:\2010AccessTest\Vault Standalone\Vault\VaultReader.accdb

This would produce the error “Access can’t find the database C:\AccessTest\Vault\Vault.mdb” or similar… yet running this:-

C:\2010AccessTest\Vault\VaultReader.accdb after renaming the folder C:\2010AccessTest\Vault Standalone\VaultReader.accdb to C:\2010AccessTest\Vault\VaultReader.accdb worked just fine.

Does anyone know how long this has been the case as I’ve never encountered it before?
Go to the top of the page

Doug Steele
post Jun 9 2020, 09:07 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

You need to enclose the path to the file in quotes:

CODE
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\MSACCESS.exe" /Decompile "C:\2010AccessTest\Vault Standalone\Vault\VaultReader.accdb"

(AFAIK, it's always been that way: I believe it's a function of the OS rather than of Access)

--------------------
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP (2000-2018)
Personal webpage
Microsoft profile
Co-author: Access Solutions: Tips, Tricks, and Secrets from Microsoft Access MVPs, published by Wiley
Co-author: Effective SQL: 61 Specific Ways to Write Better SQL, published by Addison-Wesley Professional
Technical Editor: Access 2010 Bible, Access 2013 Bible, Access 2016 Bible, all published by Wiley
Technical Editor: SQL Queries for Mere Mortals: A Hands-On Guide to Data Manipulation in SQL, 4th Edition, published by Addison-Wesley Professional
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    15th July 2020 - 12:28 PM