UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Menu Bar    

kbrewster
post Jan 15 2004, 07:48 AM
Post#1

UtterAccess VIP

I was wondering if any knew how to create a custom Menu option. I want the Title to be "Help" and in the drop down I want a choice of "User Manual". I am just not sure where to put the code to do this.
Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

winty
post Jan 15 2004, 07:56 AM
Post#2

you can do it in normal access just by customising the toolbars, just right click on the tool bar and click customize then add new menu and then depending on how the manual is stored you can drag it onto the menu, well thats how i owuld do it anyway!
The manual will probably need to be in web page format, but this makes sense anyway so you can use hyperlinks, and make it easier to use. however it will need to be stored in the database cos the menus can only be applied to the database, well i think anyway! but someone else could have a better way of doing it so dont take what i am saying for gospel!
WINTY

kbrewster
post Jan 15 2004, 09:03 AM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

I am attatching a picture of the Main Menu, maybe that will make more sense. I do not want a command button for the "USER MANUAL", I want to put it under "Help".
inty, I am not really sure what you meant by "depending on how the manual is stored you can drag it onto the menu"
It is a word document. The code behind the command button is...
Dim strAppName as String
strAppName = "C:\EMR\EMR User Manual.doc"
Application.FollowHyperlink strAppName

winty
post Jan 16 2004, 03:52 AM
Post#4

hi,
are you on about the help menu, as in the drop down, cos if it is as a web page within the database you can use the customise function that you should of used when removing the other dropdowns off the menubar! just go down in the customise window and if it is a webpage within the database it will be available just like a report etc.
dont know if you can add it from an external source or what! cos im only an access student sorta thing! so i dont know if this is any help. but i will look if you want!
WINTY

mvos
post Jan 16 2004, 04:36 AM
Post#5

Utterly Certified UA VIP

Hi,
This is a three stage process.
1. Create a public function
Public Function OpenHelp()
Dim strAppName as String
strAppName = "C:\EMR\EMR User Manual.doc"
Application.FollowHyperlink strAppName
End Function
2. Create a macro to call the function with the Action = RunCode and the function name = OpenHelp()
3. Right click on the menubar and select Customise, select AllMacros and drag your macro onto the menubar.

kbrewster
post Jan 16 2004, 08:14 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

Thank you so much mvos...works great!!!!!!

mvos
post Jan 16 2004, 08:31 AM
Post#7

Utterly Certified UA VIP

You're welcome smile.gif

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd September 2019 - 04:09 AM