UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recover Database, Access 2010    

sorbit
post Nov 4 2019, 12:35 PM
Post#1

Good Morning,

My database is returning the following error: The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. I click "OK" and the same message box pops up two more times then it quits. Is there any way to restore the database?

Thanks in advance,
Sorbit-

--------------------
The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work.
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Nov 4 2019, 12:43 PM
Post#2

UA Moderator

Do you have a good backup copy?

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

DanielPineault
post Nov 4 2019, 12:44 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

Before anything else, make a backup copy of your database. Then only try things on copies until you get a proper fix.

Are you trying to enter data when this occurs?
Have you tried a Compact and Repair?

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2019 Microsoft MVP, UA VIP, EE Distinguished Expert 2018)
Professional Help: https://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: https://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

sorbit
post Nov 4 2019, 12:47 PM
Post#4

The problem happens when I attempt to open the database. I do have backups, but I wrote a bunch of new VBA code this morning that I do not yet have backed up so I really want to be able to recover this DB.

--------------------
The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work.

DanielPineault
post Nov 4 2019, 12:50 PM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

If you can get into the db, then try accessible the VBA code and copy it to a text file or export it. At least then that part will be safe.

You could try creating a new blank db and importing everything, see if that helps.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2019 Microsoft MVP, UA VIP, EE Distinguished Expert 2018)
Professional Help: https://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: https://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

sorbit
post Nov 4 2019, 12:53 PM
Post#6

That's a great suggestion. And I have done that in the past to restore a db. But in this instance when I try to import the objects into a new database it just returns that same error.

--------------------

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    22nd January 2020 - 08:29 PM