UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
> Custom Ribbon And The Runtime Environment., Access 2016    

DaveH
post Apr 29 2019, 07:58 AM
Post#1

I have a custom ribbon which replaces the standard, it’s loaded from the table UsysRibbon and at start-up set in the options > Current Database section. However it does not load at start up as another option called “What do you want to do today” and other items are displayed first, then after about three seconds the custom ribbon is finally displayed.

As I’ve tried hiding the apps window using API’s, minimising and then maximising the app and just about everything else (all of which made no difference), I suspect that the custom ribbon is not loaded until that app becomes visible, hence the delay. This never happened in 2010 only 2016.

I’ve tried disabling the menu bar but this does not work at all.

Surely this is the wrong behaviour for a Runtime environment.
Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 29 2019, 09:06 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Perhaps you can suggest the MS Access team address this.

Note that this is a place where you can request new features or modifications. It's not a place for complaints or specific problems.

Please be as specific as possible in describing the problem and what you would like to see as a resolution of it.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

DaveH
post Apr 29 2019, 10:26 AM
Post#3

This is not a complaint, it’s an observation that I assumed was a bug, however on further searches this seems as an intentional change made by Microsoft along with a host of other issues from 2013 onwards as they try and move everyone to their Office 365 subscription model.

What sort of enterprise would attempt to isolate a user base of developers going back 27 years in the hope of converting them to their accountant’s model by making things so much harder for developers?

The same thing happened with VB to Windows VB.NET and Windows Home Server, one the best products ever that MS released and then abandoned shortly thereafter.

Office 365 is a development environment not suited to Access as you don’t know what the next download or update is going to break, not to mention Windows itself, currently has broken many Access installations on servers (back end shares).

GroverParkGeorge
post Apr 29 2019, 11:43 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

A lot of what you say about business strategy resonates powerfully. thumbup.gif

Still, it can't hurt to submit that as a request. It may not be implemented, but I promise members of the MS Access Development Team DO read and evaluate those suggestions.

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server

Posts in this topic

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    16th October 2019 - 01:59 AM