UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
> Inconsistent State Error On Windows 10, Any Versions    

BuzyG
post Jun 18 2019, 05:29 AM
Post#1

Hi All

We have been getting an random Inconsistent State Error, ever since we moved over to Widows 10, typically once or twice a day on our largest access data base. 50+ users typically several logged on at any one time. But also occasionally on databases where only one user is logged in.

databases are:-

Split FE & BE, I do not have access to users C: drives so have created multiple FEs in different folders on the shared drive. But it is possible for more than one user to log in to the same FE. This never once, in 15 years, caused a problem prior to Windows 10.

All users now on MS Access 2016. most on runtime but several with the full version.

The database files where .accdb
I have been through every line of the code, reworked the error trapping, removed previous old code, that was preventing full compile and now all the FE's are compiled .accde files. This was a lengthy but worth while exercise. Alas it appears it made no difference to the error.

With assistance from the package manager, responsible for MSAccess 2016, we have implemented the following on the server and on each user's desktop.

CODE
@echo off
title Babcock Access 2016 Leasing Fix

cls

echo.
echo Applying Microsoft Access 2016 Leasing Registry Keys, please wait...
echo.

REGEDIT /S "%~dp0source\Access2016DB-Fix.reg"

echo Registry Keys applied successfully..
echo.

pause

Alas none of this has had any noticeable affect on the error. So I'm here asking the guys who know Access Best. Any thing else we can try.

--------------------
Live to Surf
Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
CaptainMilly
post Aug 14 2019, 06:47 AM
Post#2

I do not have access to users C: drives so have created multiple FEs in different folders on the shared drive.

when you say you do not have access to the C drives, do you mean you just can't see them or the users can't access them either?

We used to have multiple FE's on the shared drive and it was a pain to update for me, so I have found some auto update code off the internets and now I do not need to have access to the users PCs or maintain individual share drive folders, I just place a single master copy on the share drive when there is an update and the users's desktop copy automatically checks if there is a new version and takes a copy of that if update is required. This also helps with user experience. I don't remember the exact web-page, but this is in the code disclaimer:

CODE
Created by       : Re-written by Scott L Prince; Original code Bob Larson
' Parameters       : None
' Result           : Determines if backend can be reached, and if front end is the current version.
' Returns          : 0 - Misc Error
'                  : 1 - No current version found in Version Manager file
'                  : 2 - Front end being run from master location
'                  : 3 - Master file path not found in Version Manager file
'                  : 999 - Front end current
' Date             : 5-30-14
' Remarks          : Based on previously-existing code by Bob Larson posted at StackOverflow

This post has been edited by CaptainMilly: Aug 14 2019, 06:48 AM
Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- BuzyG   Inconsistent State Error On Windows 10   Jun 18 2019, 05:29 AM
- - Phil_cattivocarattere   QUOTE (BuzyG)But it is possible for more than one ...   Jun 18 2019, 05:44 AM
|- - BuzyG   Hi Phil We have no such accessible hiding place f...   Jun 18 2019, 07:15 AM
|- - cheekybuddha   If each user can't have their own copy of the ...   Jun 18 2019, 07:21 AM
|- - BuzyG   Hi Daniel Yes indeed. We have had the error for a...   Jun 18 2019, 07:28 AM
||- - DanielPineault   Did you implement the Registry Hack? QUOTE we are...   Jun 18 2019, 07:50 AM
||- - cheekybuddha   >> we are still working on a server 200 mile...   Jun 18 2019, 08:01 AM
||- - BuzyG   Your replies read like the end of Access as we hav...   Jun 18 2019, 08:32 AM
||- - DanielPineault   Nothing has truly change on the Access front. It ...   Jun 18 2019, 08:43 AM
||- - BuzyG   Your absolutely right Daniel. I was expecting tro...   Jun 18 2019, 10:34 AM
||- - BuzyG   I received this from our IS Package managed this m...   Jun 20 2019, 02:40 AM
||- - DanielPineault   NAS devices are finicky when it comes to Access da...   Jun 20 2019, 05:02 AM
||- - cheekybuddha   Reading through all this, I think migrating your b...   Jun 20 2019, 05:23 AM
||- - DanielPineault   cheekybuddha brings up a good point. SQL Server i...   Jun 20 2019, 06:52 AM
|- - BuzyG   Hi Cheeky Completely agree with your suggestion a...   Jun 18 2019, 07:32 AM
- - DanielPineault   It's a known bug that is now more than a year ...   Jun 18 2019, 07:01 AM
- - CaptainMilly   QUOTE I do not have access to users C: drives so h...   Aug 14 2019, 06:47 AM

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    20th October 2019 - 09:36 PM