UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Form Interface Example, Access 2016    

k11ngy
post Nov 9 2019, 01:24 PM
Post#1

I am trying to work out how to build the form that is in the database (From scratch) The form I am looking at is FormAddDonation_Macro_example_1

The database is sent to us by the awarding body as an example of what we have to do. I tried building the form from scratch and added a drop down box attached to a query. When I select donor it is supposed to fill in status field and current donation field but that doesn't happen. I have tried to work it out from the example form but I am stuck. If I can get past this I can then work on the rest of the form. (Or at least I hope I can) I have tried starting with a blank form and using the wizard but I cant emulate the example form

Appreciate any help and advice

Regards

Steve
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Steve_to_examine.zip ( 393.36K )Number of downloads: 21

Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Nov 9 2019, 01:43 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

Welcome to UtterAccess.

All Relational Database Applications, such as those built with Access, start with the tables.

Did you create the tables here? Do you understand how they are related? Is this real data about real people or sample data that is made up to illustrate something.

Why do you need to rebuild the form? What's wrong with it? Why can't you use it as is? What changes would make it appropriate?

"The database is sent to us by the awarding body as an example of what we have to do."

What is an awarding body? Why are they asking you to do this? What will be the resulting product?
This post has been edited by GroverParkGeorge: Nov 9 2019, 01:51 PM

--------------------
My Real Name Is George. Grover Park Consulting is where I do business.
How to Ask a Good Question
Beginning SQL Server
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th November 2019 - 08:44 PM