UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tools, Available References, Remove Unwanted    

Budlong
post Dec 3 2018, 07:52 PM
Post#1

1. I moved an Access application to a new computer.
2. The new computer cannot find a checked reference to one of my modules in the Tools/Available References dialog. (“Can’t find project or library”).
3. The Location in the Available References list shows the reference as MISSING. It has the wrong drive letter (F):/ for the new computer. The library is on drive C:\ on the new computer.
4. Do Tools, Available References, Browse, to locate and add the reference on the C:\ drive to the list on the new computer. This reference then shows correctly in the Available References dialog. Un-check the incorrect reference. Check the correct reference. OK out of the Available References dialog. Get message ‘Can’t perform the requested operation”.
5. Have tried all combinations of checking and unchecking the correct and incorrect references. Sometimes the bad MISSING references come back checked, the new correct reference unchecked.
6. Have tried putting the correct reference above the incorrect reference. Failed.

Seems deleting the old reference with the incorrect drive letter would solve it, but I see no way to remove a reference.
Possible interference is that the paths following the F:\ and C:\ are identical.
Ideas on how to get rid of the incorrect refs? Or get Access to pay attention to the correct reference, ignore the incorrect?
Frustrating. (Have 2 other references with same misbehavior.)
... Tom Budlong
Go to the top of the page

isladogs
post Dec 3 2018, 07:56 PM
Post#2

Don't create a second 'duplicate reference'
Select the one marked missing and browse to the correct location.
It will then become active
This post has been edited by isladogs: Dec 3 2018, 07:58 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th December 2018 - 06:09 AM